Liberty Carbon Shipment Arriving!

Re: Liberty Carbon Shipment Arriving!

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Sentinel wrote:Does anyone know if the My07+ sedan diffuser will fit on a MY07+ wagon?

The BIG B style difuser does not fit but good news is the smaller A style diffuser does fit...will post up some pics later tonight for you
cheers
Rob
ULTREX

Postby tenrat » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey mate,

Have you got any sports grills to suit 05 spec b 3.0? if so link me to a picture please :) cheers
Sti Front Lip | Enkei | Sti Mufflers
tenrat

Car: My05 3.0Spec.B

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:32 pm

here are some pics of the small a style diffuser on a wagon...just held in position for pics but you can see it fits...I have taken a picture from the side as the shape of the diffuser is not 100% perfect on the wagon (you can see a slight gap) but its certainly not a lot and we thought it was ok and defiantely call it a fit...

the big B style diffuser is not a good fit on the wagon....its a no go :(
ULTREX

Postby Woodduck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Confirmed tonight. 07+ (facelifted) sports grills DO NOT fit on -06 3.0R Bs. I took all the clips and everything off and i was then able to get it to fit (JUST). BUT the holes do not match up with the ones on the car. And its not like i could even make new ones on the car (not that i would) but the holes on the grill sit behind the holes on the car, back toward the motor. So theres noting to even drill into. :( :( :(
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:11 pm

Woodduck wrote:Confirmed tonight. 07+ (facelifted) sports grills DO NOT fit on -06 3.0R Bs. I took all the clips and everything off and i was then able to get it to fit (JUST). BUT the holes do not match up with the ones on the car. And its not like i could even make new ones on the car (not that i would) but the holes on the grill sit behind the holes on the car, back toward the motor. So theres noting to even drill into. :( :( :(

Well that sucks!- sounds like you need to return one grill for a refund to me! :(
ULTREX

Postby Woodduck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Yeah mate. Its heaps shit! Was really hoping it would fit! Ill get one of my mates (engineering minded) to make sure theres nothing he can do to make it fit tomorow...but i dont like my chances!
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:25 pm

the holes on the top of the grill should fit exactly where the holes where holding your grill.

This is the MY07+ grill...you can see the holes where the clips are inserted....so yours looks different to this? If anyhow has a spare one I will take it and we can make one to suit if these do not fit - will supply you with a free one at the end ;)

end result - very nice!
ULTREX

Postby Woodduck » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:50 am

Hrm...unless im really stupid and am doing somethign reallly wrong? I took pictures of the fitment. The red cirlces are roughly where the holes on the front bumper sit.
Attachments
photo2.jpg
photo2.jpg (53.13 KiB) Viewed 10186 times
photo1.jpg
photo1.jpg (49.57 KiB) Viewed 10186 times

Woodduck

Postby pplwu » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Other than the hole does the actual Grill fit sizewise? Because given it is so light anyway and if the size fits then I will just 3M it
pplwu

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby ULTREX » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 pm

If anyone is in PERTH with this model 3R - speak up now and we can catch up for a test fit....and maybe cheap parts for the tester! :)
ULTREX

Postby Woodduck » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:48 pm

pplwu wrote:Other than the hole does the actual Grill fit sizewise? Because given it is so light anyway and if the size fits then I will just 3M it

I prolli wouldnt recomend doin that. It does fit, but definantly needs the clips to hold it in place, as the grill is the support for the centre of the front bumper. There is a small gap underneath (can fit the tip of my pinky in it), but there is a small gap in the same spot on the stock grill...But no, i wouldnt 3M it, it had to kind of be stretched in place (i didnt break anything though haha).

Woodduck

Postby ULTREX » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Woodduck wrote:
pplwu wrote:Other than the hole does the actual Grill fit sizewise? Because given it is so light anyway and if the size fits then I will just 3M it

I prolli wouldnt recomend doin that. It does fit, but definantly needs the clips to hold it in place, as the grill is the support for the centre of the front bumper. There is a small gap underneath (can fit the tip of my pinky in it), but there is a small gap in the same spot on the stock grill...But no, i wouldnt 3M it, it had to kind of be stretched in place (i didnt break anything though haha).

We will see - maybe new holes can be drilled in the grill to fit the existing holes mounting holes?
And for any newcomers to this thread....this is all about trying to fit this grill to a 3R....if does fit the MY07+ non 3R libs but the 3R is having problems.. :angry2:
ULTREX

Postby pplwu » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:43 pm

Wooduck your car is preface lifted right? I have a post facelift 2.5i grill at home I might try and actually fit it tonight to my prefacelifted 3.0RB and see if that fits.
pplwu

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby Woodduck » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Yeah give it a go mate. And yes mine prefacelift

Woodduck

Postby HellKnight » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:22 pm

ULTREX wrote:If anyone is in PERTH with this model 3R - speak up now and we can catch up for a test fit....and maybe cheap parts for the tester! :)

Woodduck wrote:Yeah give it a go mate. And yes mine prefacelift

If you need a prefacelift Liberty GT in perth im available.

Throw us a PM and we can organise something.

-Martin.
MY05 Subaru Liberty GT. Pearl White

Modifications:
19" Advan Kreutzer Series Xi :: Racing Logic Coilovers :: HKS SSQ BOV :: Mongoose MAP80U + full options :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID :: LED Parker/Licence/Boot/Brakes
Current Plans:
Full Brake Kit :: Exhaust System :: FMIC :: EBC :: CAI :: OEM Console Replacement
HellKnight
-stickered-

Car: MY05 GT [Team White]

PreviousNext

Return to ULTREX