ULTREX RS RIMS CARBON GM GOLD SILVER

Re: RIMS 18 X 8 and 18 X 7.5

Postby tenrat » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:58 pm

ok awesome i like the design hopefully look nice in black :)
Sti Front Lip | Enkei | Sti Mufflers
tenrat

Car: My05 3.0Spec.B

Re: HUGE RIMS SALE!

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Guys - we have marked down the Ultrex style rim to $899 plus delivery to shifter them

Our Ultrex RS style rims will also be on sale later this week and will be around $1000-$1100 per set...but limited stock at this these crazy prices! I am waiting on pictures of the rims which will be finished in the next couple of days and when I have them will post up pictures and the confirmed final prices!

These rims are VERY close in design to the Advan RS rims and are VIA and JWL certified meaning high quality!

pics are up on page one of the rims

You could spend $3000-$4000 on a set of Advans or $1000 on a set of these and spend the rest on beers and hookers! :lol:
ULTREX

Postby ULTREX » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:49 pm

here are the pics as promised...info updated in first post too..

Our Ultrex RS style rims are on sale ..$999 plus delivery (normally $1400) for 18 X 8 gunmetal or black/chrome lip rims...these are duel pcd 100 / 114.3 which means fits Liberty/WRX/STI/Forester and more..yes they clear brembos! offset is +42..These are very similar to advan RS rims...weight is approx 9.5 per rim.[/color][/size]

below ultrex RS rims are hyperblack just to show them installed and how they fill the guards.

The rims come complete with carbon fibre centre caps.
Matching black/red/blue lug nuts also available at discounted price for customers purchasing these rims

We will limit how many sets we sell at this price so first in wins! - preorder now - will ship in early SEPT!
http://www.ultrex.com.au/rims-c-76.html

cheers
Rob
Ultrex Performance
http://www.ultrex.com.au

BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK IN SUBARU PERFORMANCE PARTS!
ULTREX

Postby coyote » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:35 am

Nice looking wheels.

ULTREX wrote:offset is +42

But with that offset you'll be limited to a 225 tyre on a Liberty and even that will be borderline.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Re: HUGE RIMS SALE! $899 & $999 WITH NEW PICS

Postby ULTREX » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:46 pm

we will test fit these with 225/40/18's tyres on a lib....are the wagon guards the same as sedan though?
ULTREX

Postby IDOLYZ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:54 pm

225's should be fine. i currently have 225's on my rims (think the offset is the same) and they don't scrub.

ULTREX wrote:we will test fit these with 225/40/18's tyres on a lib....are the wagon guards the same as sedan though?

willing to test fit :wink:
IDOLYZ

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:28 pm

test fitted the rims today on a LIB wagon...they fill the guards right to the limits...will post pictures later tonight....but it fits spot on and as big/wide as you can go..

Boy they look hot on a LIB!
ULTREX

Postby THERB3 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Intrested to see the pics on how they look on a lib.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:08 pm

So here are some pictures...Whilst we were at it, we decided to weigh the rims when they had tyres on them...we were comparing the PRODRIVE PF7 rims with 18/40/245 to the ULTREX RS rims with 18/40/225. Both tyres were quite new although the Prodrive rims were 1 week old Bridgstones and the Ultrex rims had 3 month old Kumho KU36's.

Results were suprising on the household bathroom scales.... PF7's were a tad over 20kg with tyres (245 tyres though) and the Ultrex rims were about 19kg with thinner 225 tyres. We did this using just regular bathroom scales so its not conclusive and bigger tyres would be heavier but it's just a very good indicator that these are not heavy rims. :)

Eats brembos - lots of room!

In summary - very hot - its going to fill the guards...worst case scenario if your car is a SUPER low - you may need to roll the guards OR add a little camber...but on this wagon without any camber - it filled the guards perfectly!No havent installed them on a sedan and won;t be likely to happen either.

Tyres on the rims are 18/40/225 Kumho KU36's...

These will be available in about 2-3 weeks in either gunmetal (slightly darker than these fitted rims) or black - chrome lip....in 18X8 only...offset if 42 and they are duel 100/114.3 pcd.
Price is only $999 plus delivery which is one of the biggest bargains you will find for a mod for your car! :)

cheers
Rob
Ultrex Performance
ULTREX

Postby Jimmy S » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:26 am

Look great Rob!

Call me if you get some 19"s :wink:
Current Ride: 2007 Audi RS4

http://www.ToonMyRide.com.au
Jimmy S

Car: Audi RS4

Postby drndrn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:23 am

Pity you weren't able to test fit them with the colours you plan on selling. Definitely interested, just trying to resist temptation. lol.

So there's no chance of running say 235 wide tyres without rolling guards? As you said they fill the guards perfectly on the wagon so are the guards the same on a sedan? With my car being lowered about 2.5-3.0cm's on Tein's I worry about having to have the guards rolled.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby ULTREX » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:41 pm

drndrn wrote:Pity you weren't able to test fit them with the colours you plan on selling. Definitely interested, just trying to resist temptation. lol.

So there's no chance of running say 235 wide tyres without rolling guards? As you said they fill the guards perfectly on the wagon so are the guards the same on a sedan? With my car being lowered about 2.5-3.0cm's on Tein's I worry about having to have the guards rolled.

Unable to test with gunmetal or black/chrome lip as its on the boat being shipped to me....gunmetal is very similar but a little darker (less cleaning!)

Rolling the guards wont make them any wider - only stop the inner guard rubbing on the tyres and cutting in to the tyres. On this car - there is still room between tyres and guards but yes each car is different depending upon how low you are.

I think if you go wider - you can add a little camber which will bring the tyres back in again under the guards. Also these tyres are kumnho ku36...I say that because each tyre has an actual width which does vary from tyre to tyre...even though they are all 'supposed' to be 225's. - tyres do differ..

cheers
ULTREX

Postby YamYam » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Have you still got the spare rim left Rob???? I have fitted brembo's under my new rims and found out (before the inevitable) that I will need a spare.

If you still have this spare rim, can you pm me a price on what you want for it

Cheers

Phil

ULTREX wrote:Down to the last set of the GUNMETAL ULTREX 18 X 7.5 Rims. If any one is interested there is a spare rim available (second hand but like new) so it can be sold as a set of 5 if you are quick.

If its a set of 5 price will be only $1125 plus delivery.....OR for a set of 4 brand new ones will be only $999 still.

cheers
Rob
Ultrex Performance
MY05 Black GT Wagon with booster (seat that is)
YamYam

Car: 05 GT Wagon

Postby ULTREX » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:46 pm

phil - the spare rim was a 18X7.5 and would not clear brembos...

YamYam wrote:Have you still got the spare rim left Rob???? I have fitted brembo's under my new rims and found out (before the inevitable) that I will need a spare.

If you still have this spare rim, can you pm me a price on what you want for it

Cheers

Phil

ULTREX wrote:Down to the last set of the GUNMETAL ULTREX 18 X 7.5 Rims. If any one is interested there is a spare rim available (second hand but like new) so it can be sold as a set of 5 if you are quick.

If its a set of 5 price will be only $1125 plus delivery.....OR for a set of 4 brand new ones will be only $999 still.

cheers
Rob
Ultrex Performance
ULTREX

Postby ULTREX » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Ultrex RS in gunmetal - down to the last set!
18 X 8 for $999

ULTREX

PreviousNext

Return to ULTREX