All New Ultrex Rims $799

Re: All New Ultrex Rims $799

Postby ferret89 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 am

Kody.B wrote:Looks great! Now needs moar low XD

Thanks! Coilovers going on in the new year, will have sufficient low...
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

Postby ULTREX » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Looks great :)

But needs the Ultrex Centre caps on which will add 10kw per wheel ! :)
ULTREX

Postby Aidos » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Is this price still available for the 18x8.5 Vipers?? Any pics on those on a liberty?
MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B 5EAT
Wagon Obsidian Black
178kW @ Safe Tune (apparently)

Perrin TMIC | AVO 450 | 3" Magnaflow TBE (i think) | Empty CAT | 3" High Flow Exhaust Resonator | 2.5" Magnaflow Mufflers | APS Hi Flow Air Intake | DW300 Fuel Pump | Stronger Re-built Auto Transmission | Quick Shift Kit | Additional Clutch Plates | JJM Turboworld Tune (Last tune it had) | 20" Unknown Rims | STi Front Lip | STi Gear Knob | STi Lower Arm Bar | STi ECU | STi Braided Brake Lines | Full Lighting Upgraded | Tinted Rear Lights
Aidos

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby 05GTLIB » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Are the RS's available in hyperblack? Ive seen pics of them but they're not on your website,
Cheers
05GTLIB

Car: 05 liberty gt

Postby ULTREX » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 am

Aidos wrote:Is this price still available for the 18x8.5 Vipers?? Any pics on those on a liberty?

Yes its for the 18X8.5 vipers as well....but we do not have pictures on the vipers...only whats displayed on our vipers page on the website ( www.ultrex.com.au )

Sorry hyperblack is not available with the RS rim...gunmetal would be the closest colour we stock now

cheers
Rob
ULTREX

Postby Aidos » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 am

When ordering online, your site has an option to buy a set of forged aluminum lug nuts.

Are these an extra? Do your rims come with a standard set of wheel nuts?
Wagon Obsidian Black

Perrin TMIC | AVO 450 | 3" Magnaflow TBE (i think) | Empty CAT | 3" High Flow Exhaust Resonator | 2.5" Magnaflow Mufflers | APS Hi Flow Air Intake | DW300 Fuel Pump | Stronger Re-built Auto Transmission | Quick Shift Kit | Additional Clutch Plates | JJM Turboworld Tune (Last tune it had) | 20" Unknown Rims | STi Front Lip | STi Gear Knob | STi Lower Arm Bar | STi ECU | STi Braided Brake Lines | Full Lighting Upgraded | Tinted Rear Lights
Aidos

Postby ULTREX » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Aidos wrote:When ordering online, your site has an option to buy a set of forged aluminum lug nuts.

Are these an extra? Do your rims come with a standard set of wheel nuts?

Ultrex rims are supplied as rims and centre caps only.
Optional are lug nuts and hub centric rings

Cheers
Rob
ULTREX

Postby Aidos » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:51 am

Just a checking with you, as my tire guy doesn't think that a 18x8.5 will fit properly in the rear.

I will be using my wagon to tow a tradesman trailer around (not super heavy or anything). Have you encountered any problems like this? Or can you guarantee that there will not be any scrubbing?
Wagon Obsidian Black

Aidos

Postby ULTREX » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:26 pm

I would steer you towards an 18x8 rim myself...8.5 is pretty wide on a wagon as they dont have a lot of room.

I would think you could do 8.5 with some camber but I would run 18x8 myself.

No doubts there are guys running 8.5's - but not sure if any of out vipers have been installed on a wagon or not.

Cheers
ULTREX

Postby Aidos » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm

My fronts are already rolled, as the last owner has got 20x8.5.

Just wondering if you had thoughts on how the rear's would hold up. If i had them rolled do you think it'd be alright?
Wagon Obsidian Black

Aidos

Postby ULTREX » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Aidos wrote:My fronts are already rolled, as the last owner has got 20x8.5.

Just wondering if you had thoughts on how the rear's would hold up. If i had them rolled do you think it'd be alright?

As long as you can squeeze them in they will be fine
ULTREX

Postby cruisn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 pm

18 x 8.5 is fine offset dependant.

Im running a 18 x 8.5 +45 and it'll bottom out on the bump stops and not scrub in the rear. No rear camber bushes and 235/40/18 tyres fitted.
cruisn

Car: MY02 GTB E Tune

Postby Aidos » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 am

The offset is +44 on the Viper's. Is that offset heading in the right direction to fitment that your talking about cruising?

I'm waiting on a price to get the rears rolled, any prices that anyone knows off? PM me if Ultrex doesn't want me posting too much about this on here. But it would be good for other's to know how a set of Vipers would fit =)
Wagon Obsidian Black

Aidos

Postby Jaketd36 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Recently just purchased a 2004 MY05 impreza RS and am planning on buying a set of ultrex rs 18x8 +42 mags and fit 35 profile tyres on it as soon as I get the $. I have heard these are the widest wheels where rolling the gaurds is not required. The car already looks like a 4wd atm with the stock 16s and will look even taller with the 18s. For this reason id like to lower the car but cannot afford coil overs atm as I am just on my P's and only have a part time job. Has anyone had experience with a similar situation and can inform me of which brand/ model springs will moderately lower to give it an aggressive stance whilst not going stupidly low. I am looking for an increase in handling as well as looks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jaketd36

Car: 2004 Impreza RS

Postby ferret89 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Jaketd36 wrote:Recently just purchased a 2004 MY05 impreza RS and am planning on buying a set of ultrex rs 18x8 +42 mags and fit 35 profile tyres on it as soon as I get the $. I have heard these are the widest wheels where rolling the gaurds is not required. The car already looks like a 4wd atm with the stock 16s and will look even taller with the 18s. For this reason id like to lower the car but cannot afford coil overs atm as I am just on my P's and only have a part time job. Has anyone had experience with a similar situation and can inform me of which brand/ model springs will moderately lower to give it an aggressive stance whilst not going stupidly low. I am looking for an increase in handling as well as looks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheapest option would probably be king low springs, they'll do the job but will never be as good as coilovers. If you can survive for a while without lowering, my advice would be to save up the $1100 and get some BC BRs to go with the new wheels.
ferret89

Car: Liberty MY08 Tuned by STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28511

PreviousNext

Return to ULTREX