Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers $399

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Well everyone is slow on the clip posting so lets get it started with this one :)
https://youtu.be/Efwis47AeT4
Image
User avatar
ULTREX
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby 77T » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Bloody hell they sound loud in that clip,glad I havent ordered them yet :shock:

Tewakas car with them seemed quieter...weird
User avatar
77T
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:49 pm
Location: Victoria
Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Yeah it's not the best clip example.. We have the 3r clips which are different/quieter.. Each model will sounds different if El or uel
Camera needs to be further back :)
Image
User avatar
ULTREX
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby Tewaka » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:11 pm

The clip I did with my Ultrex Mufflers, was shot in my garage with the door open, I used my Galaxy Note 5 phone to do the recordings.
Tewaka
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:00 pm
Location: Northern Suburbs, Melbourne
Car: Liberty MY06 Wagon
Real name: Dave

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby ULTREX » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Tewaka wrote:The clip I did with my Ultrex Mufflers, was shot in my garage with the door open, I used my Galaxy Note 5 phone to do the recordings.


Can you post up the link Dave?
Thanks
Rob
Image
User avatar
ULTREX
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby Tewaka » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Tewaka
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:00 pm
Location: Northern Suburbs, Melbourne
Car: Liberty MY06 Wagon
Real name: Dave

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby BP_Outback » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:59 pm

ULTREX wrote:Well everyone is slow on the clip posting so lets get it started with this one :)
https://youtu.be/Efwis47AeT4

Sounds louder than it really is. It's actually pretty quiet while driving along.
Video wasn't the best as there was background noise and I'm not too sure how good the microphone on my Canon 700D is.
I'm thinking of adding uneven extractors to get that classic Subaru throb.

I should of added in the video description that it's a EJ25.

Christian 8)
BP_Outback
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 10:24 am
Car: MY04 Subaru BP Outback
Real name: Christian

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby The Soans » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:48 am

User avatar
The Soans
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: Newcastle
Car: 2005 Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Real name: Daniel
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28384#p394501

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby stocko » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Just bought a set of these and installed on my 05 gt. They sound awesome and look amazing was actually surprised at how bassy they are. My only grumble would be the left hand muffler sits slightly further out and down but that could be a number of things and hardly noticeable except to my ocd trained eyes. Top job guys super happy
stocko
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby ULTREX » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:06 pm

stocko wrote:Just bought a set of these and installed on my 05 gt. They sound awesome and look amazing was actually surprised at how bassy they are. My only grumble would be the left hand muffler sits slightly further out and down but that could be a number of things and hardly noticeable except to my ocd trained eyes. Top job guys super happy


Hi and thanks for the feedback. :)

We spent a lot of time getting the tips correct....lots of sample being made and tested and changed.
One thing we did find is that most liberties exhaust tips we came across are not equal to begin with - it was actually very difficult to find ones with equal tips to use as the development cars.( not sure if this applies in your case or not.) When we were developing these - we had to reject the first 3 liberty test cars as the mufflers sat differently and protruded further on one side than the other. Its not something anyone notices with the original mufflers as no one looks closely - but they do look closely after the nice new shiny mufflers are installed. :)
Based on our experience with the cars we were coming across in development, its not unusual for the Liberty system to twist/move slightly at the y pipe which will impact on how any mufflers will sit - including ours.
But the tips can be tweaked to get them sitting equal height if required if you have already loosened and rotated it on the flange ?

cheers
Rob
Image
User avatar
ULTREX
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby stocko » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:37 pm

ULTREX wrote:
stocko wrote:Just bought a set of these and installed on my 05 gt. They sound awesome and look amazing was actually surprised at how bassy they are. My only grumble would be the left hand muffler sits slightly further out and down but that could be a number of things and hardly noticeable except to my ocd trained eyes. Top job guys super happy


Hi and thanks for the feedback. :)

We spent a lot of time getting the tips correct....lots of sample being made and tested and changed.
One thing we did find is that most liberties exhaust tips we came across are not equal to begin with - it was actually very difficult to find ones with equal tips to use as the development cars.( not sure if this applies in your case or not.) When we were developing these - we had to reject the first 3 liberty test cars as the mufflers sat differently and protruded further on one side than the other. Its not something anyone notices with the original mufflers as no one looks closely - but they do look closely after the nice new shiny mufflers are installed. :)
Based on our experience with the cars we were coming across in development, its not unusual for the Liberty system to twist/move slightly at the y pipe which will impact on how any mufflers will sit - including ours.
But the tips can be tweaked to get them sitting equal height if required if you have already loosened and rotated it on the flange ?

cheers
Rob


Hi rob
Yeah mate I fiddled around with them a bit there really not that bad. It definitely has to do with the y pipe being slightly off tilt just had a custom one made and told the guys to straighten the tips now they sit great super happy mate just hurry up and bring back a turbo back for the 05 then you can take more of my money
stocko
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby ULTREX » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Image
User avatar
ULTREX
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby jiggabite » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:34 am

Do you have an expected date the sedan mufflers will be back in stock?
jiggabite
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:04 pm
Location: Brisbane
Car: MY07 Liberty GTB Sedan Pearl White

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers

Postby ULTREX » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:47 am

jiggabite wrote:Do you have an expected date the sedan mufflers will be back in stock?

They are leaving factory now so will be about a month away
Image
User avatar
ULTREX
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Twin tip MY04-09 mufflers $399

Postby ULTREX » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:00 pm

These are an always in stock item - for both sedan and wagon.
Can be purchased from our website
http://www.ultrex.com.au/index.php?main ... x&cPath=78
Image
User avatar
ULTREX
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Perth

Previous

Return to ULTREX

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest