Finally an exhaust to show you guys

Re: Finally an exhaust to show you guys

Postby tbear » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Just a quick update on the system

the mid pipe is stil not 100%. I am getting the mid pipe jigs re made without the clamp join , the mid pipe will now be made in two sections with a flange connecting them together.

This mean the wait for these will be a bit longer but the final product will be perfect

cheers and thanks for the patience

Tony
TCP
tbear

Postby Boxer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 pm

How about the muffs Tony?
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby blacktop™ » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey tony,

you got an update on these exhausts for us??
blacktop™

Car: MY07 GT spec.B wagon 6MT

Postby Boxer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Ditto,

Tony I have sent pm's which have gone un-answered. You were going to call me weeks ago for a test fit og mufflers only???

Boxer

Postby Ben » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am

Boxer wrote:Ditto,

Tony I have sent pm's which have gone un-answered. You were going to call me weeks ago for a test fit og mufflers only???

Boxer, I actually did a test fit for him (drove across town and spent an afternoon there) and he can't answer my PM's either. So don't hold your breath mate!
Visit Sex Shop & Support My Mods.
Ben

Car: 2.0 STi

Postby Jaz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:13 pm

I know this is Tony's thread, but perhaps I can help.

I'm the somewhat official "test mule" for the system, and due to Tony's diligence and perfectionism we are now onto version 3, and it is still not perfect (only little stuff the the back slide join not being 100%) so I beleive he is waiting for it to be remade with flange joins instead.

Looking at the date above it's been four weeks since the last fitup so it shouldn't be too much longer.

/my 2c
Jaz

Car: 07 GT-B sedan

Postby tbear » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi All

sorry about my late reply, I have been extremley busy sorting out my TCP XR^ Turbo full turbo back exhuast the past few weeks.

ok heres the update on this system, Version 3 will be ready soon, I had to totally remake the mid pipe and mufflers had to be adjusted slightly,

I will be doing a production run in the next 2 weeks and they should be ready for sale in about a month and a half. I know this has been a long wait for a few people but they systems have to be perfect before I am happy with selling them

Thanks again
Tony
TCP
tbear

Postby Boxer » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Tony,

If you remember I was only interested in muffs, and just wanted to test for noise and appearance. Dont need the final product for that?

Ben - I spotted SEO the other day too :)

Boxer

Postby Ben » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Whereabouts, Brissy? Car was behaving I hope!

I know this has been a long wait for a few people but they systems have to be perfect before I am happy with selling them

Thanks for the update Tony!!
Visit Sex Shop & Support My Mods.
Ben

Car: 2.0 STi

Postby Boxer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Ben wrote:

Whereabouts, Brissy? Car was behaving I hope!

!!

Yes car was behaving - seeing as it was parked in Samford as I was passing through:)

Boxer

Postby tbear » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Guys

The TCP Liberty systems are ready to rock and roll, I will have about 5 systems ready in a months time for the 07-09 liberty gt.

so if you are interested please let me know

AzzaGT please can you start another thread if you want to talk about other systems

Thanks
Tony Bear
TCP
tbear

Postby jimmygt07 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi Guys,

Went for a visit to today with a mate to tony's and picked up a test set of the muffs to mount up to the lib.

I was curious to see what they were like build /quality and sound wise, whilst they are only the test set the quality of the welds and the mufflers is spot on top notch. Tony explained to me where the issues were with the old centre pipe configuration and told me that now that it has been fixed he has 5 sets on order :twisted: cant wait!!!! Needless to say the minister for finance was asking for a please explain when the car came home... It didnt sound like that when you left this morning she said flippin hell cant get anything past her.. :assassin:

I took some photos of them comparing to the stock muffs and also the mount and have taken some video of the sound they put out which i will upload to youtube and share a link with you all shortly.

My car configuration is 100% stock in every way. MY07 GTB with AT / Flappy Paddle gear box...

Installation: Took the car home and put it up on ramps, unbolted the stock muffs and began installing the new set. They bolted up to the factory Y pipe with ease also matching the factory mount points 100% and were not as fiddly to get centered as tony let on :lol: Managed to get both sides unbolted and reinstalled in under 20 mins with time left for a beer :P They are as centered as i could be assed to make them :lol:

Once this was done and everything checked started up the car and wow it actually has sound now I cant just hear the sound of the motor ect.. but can hear the rexy burble which was pleasing 8)

Driving my mate home I noticed that it was a little smoother with power delivery, however I cant say that it has increased the power of the car a whole lot if at all though the car is now alot nicer / funner if there is such a word to drive. The sound in the cabin was not over bearing either and did not drone at 100+ Kph. It seems to have more burble at lower rpm then at higher rpm, its not raspy either or sound like farting into a milo tin, If these are anything to go by once the complete system is in I will be ordering for sure I can now see why it has taken a while to get the system right ill post up pics / vids shortly.

Cheers James.
Give me internets Image

Stock as a rock for nao but have gotten the itch!
jimmygt07

Car: Liberty GT SpecB MY07

Postby Matt_gt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:58 pm

will this fit the my05 gen 4's??
Matt_gt

Car: BLK 05 GT

Postby jimmygt07 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Hey guys as promised I have a couple more videos that need editing but here is one from this morning.

Some pics of it installed. The other video and pictures taken on my phone at the time of install I will try and post up tomorrow when i can get my usb cable from work.

WARNING THE PHOTOS ARE HUGE!!! It may take some time to load im pretty crap with a camera so here they are.

Give me internets Image

jimmygt07

Re: Finally an exhuast to show you guys

Postby jimmygt07 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Matt_gt wrote:will this fit the my05 gen 4's??

I think this would answer your question Matt the dump pipe would be different but the cat back should fit.

tbear wrote:yes the my04-06 has the twin scroll turbo - hence differant dump pipe.

Maybe confirm 100% with tony?
Give me internets Image

jimmygt07

PreviousNext

Return to TCPAUTO