Page 1 of 1

WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:50 pm
by THERB3
Hi Guys,

As the title says I am intrested in one 19" wheel and tyre that someone has lying around.

MUST CLEAR BREMBO'S CALIPERS.

Thx.

Hazza. :D

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:11 am
by Jimmy S
Can sell you 1 with 3 spares? :wink:

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:37 am
by THERB3
Jimmy and I wish I can have a spare set but all I need is one wheel and tyre acting as my spare.

Are you selling only one ? :wink: :lol:

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:26 am
by Greenman
Couldn't you look at an 18" rim and tyre with the same rolling diameter tyre to suit your 19".
What size 19" tyre are you running.... Maybe sourcing an 18" rim that clears brembos as a single would be easier.

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:00 am
by THERB3
cal68 wrote:Couldn't you look at an 18" rim and tyre with the same rolling diameter tyre to suit your 19".
What size 19" tyre are you running.... Maybe sourcing an 18" rim that clears brembos as a single would be easier.


The tyre size I am rolling at the moment is a 235/35/19.

If i run a 18" wheel, what profile tyre do I require to roll like the 19" ?

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:11 pm
by Greenman
I'll check and get back to you.

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:52 pm
by THERB3
Also maybe someone has a spare Enkei STI wheel that they dont require. LOL

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:54 pm
by Greenman
Hazza...my calcs indicate a 235/40/18 wil be almost an exact rolling diameter comparison to your 235/35/19...yours are 646.93mm as compared to the 18" at 645.16.....nothing in it....you can get Kus6 Kumho's in that size....or real real cheap ones from ebay....http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-TYRES- ... 6235...I'd say only to be used as a spare only.....probably zero grip...but enough to get you out of trouble.....or even a 235/45/17.....maybe a 17" rim will be easier to get....http://cgi.ebay.com.au/235-45-17-NEUTON ... 335b6eb701.

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:29 pm
by THERB3
cal68 thx for the info very handy indeed.

Now the hard part is to find a rim........

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm
by Arith
THERB3 wrote:Also maybe someone has a spare Enkei STI wheel that they dont require. LOL

If you're serious about the STi wheels, Phat's got x2 sets left:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8481&p=138589

You should get another x3 people who want a 18" STi spare which will clear Brembos and split it 4 ways.

Re: WTB 1x19 inch wheel that clears brembo's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:40 pm
by Greenman
I had one back here...viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8945...gone a while now.
Phat Gt's rims are cool....I have a set myself for the Forester...what offset are you after Hazza?
I'm more than happy for you to test fit my +48 offset rim on your car...the tyre is a 225/45/18 so wrong size...but it will give you an idea of what a +48 vs a +55 Liberty rim looks like on your car.....I know its only 7mm but you may not like it...or maybe you will.