WTB: Tein S-Tech Springs for MY07 SpecB

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

Postby Arith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:44 pm

Trieu, I was keeping quiet on this one because I thought you were buying for someone else. But now that I know it's for you, I might have to enlist Officer Shane's help to give you a severe beating.

Why are you messing around with STi springs or Tein springs? We all know you should save you money and go straight to coilovers. That's just destiny from the start. Why waste time and money on springs when you know how picky you are that only coilovers can quench.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby chriskan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:52 pm

^ Have to agree with Arith on this one - given all the work you've put into the car so far, you'd really want some coilovers to set it off mate!
MY07 GT-B T/B STi 6MT OBP
| PHAT Performance Quad Mufflers | HKS Panel Filter & removed resi + CAI pipe |
chriskan

Car: MY07 GT-B t/b STI OBP 6MT - #244/300

Postby 2fast4u » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:35 am

arent coilovers a lot stiffer. I ask as Im in the same boat regarding my 04 GT wagon ,should I just do the springs or pop for coilovers.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
2fast4u

Postby Arith » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:54 am

2fast4u wrote:arent coilovers a lot stiffer.

That was a serious myth that kept me from coilovers for months. There are a lot of people that go with cheap coilovers and the stiffest rating springs (you can usually select the rating when you buy), and then slam the car all the way to the ground. Yes, of course it's going to be stiff. But get a quality brand and be sensible about your lowering, you can enjoy a great ride.

When I finally took the plunge I was very surprised at how comfortable and well mannered they are. Yes, it's going to be a bit stiffer than stock, but that's just the physics of suspension travel. But still a very quality ride that won't upset family and friends as passengers.

But I'm extremely finicky when it comes to the appearance and ride height, and the coilovers allowed me to set it the way I want and not be at the mercy of whatever height just lowering springs will settle at.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Previous

Return to Wanted to Buy