WTB Front Control Arms to suit BL

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTB Front Control Arms to suit BL

Postby TFish » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:09 am

Wanting to buy left FCA to fix a bent one for 2007 GT-B sedan.

Happy to buy a pair. Happy to buy upgrade/STI.

Will be fitting with whiteline bushes if anyone has those for sale too as the bent one ruined them.

If not, any ideas/options you can suggest?
TFish

Car: 2007 Liberty GT B Spec

Re: WTB Front Control Arms to suit BL

Postby TFish » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:13 pm

Thanks for looking, bought some cheapy aftermarket ones from ebay so I'm gonna try those out with the bushes they come with for a while - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Lower ... SwwD5ftEbR
TFish

Postby bigBADbenny » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:42 pm

Kinda bargain.
If you want to go fancy, complete aluminium arms with bushes are also available, superpro maybe?
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby TFish » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:12 pm

thanks bro! you're such a helpful dude!

I also looked into them for like $350 a side. I hoped someone here or on FB would have some for sale but realised I just need to get on with fixing it. I fully expect a fair bit of tyre wear already as the mechanic when talking about the worn whiteline bush was like "I'm serious, the whole wheel is moving! It's not safe!". Quote from them for FCAs (I guess from repco or subaru) was $250 a side retail.

given these cheapie FCAs come fully loaded and I already used the whiteline ones I bought, I thought I'd just go with them as they come. I still have a full complement of rear whiteline bushes to put in. would be easy if I could work on it myself but no garage/workspace where I live (eg. slapping in the rear diff bushes, trailing arm, 1 or 2 others I think).

also got DBA T2s all around coming (winmax W1 pads on the front, DBA Xs on the back, nothing too racey as the dirt circuit isn't like a bitumen one with slowing from 180klms or anything, maybe 120 into 70-80klms/hr, but does involve lots of trailing/left foot braking and you need a strong bite for weight transfer into corners), refurbished centre diff from Corgiworks once I can get that organised. if I somehow come into money after that I'd only look at a dump pipe/turbo/injector/maybe fuel pump upgrade, and that's probably asking for trouble without a built engine. I could probably just get a pre-built car for sale for all of that so I'm trying to keep it economical.
TFish

Postby TFish » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:22 pm

TFish

Postby TFish » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:01 pm

These are available by the end of March they said
TFish

Postby TFish » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:25 pm

After so long with a steering wheel that pulls to the left, the new FCAs feel weird
TFish

Return to Wanted to Buy