WTB - Aftermarket H6 4gen mid Y pipe

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTB - Aftermarket H6 4gen mid Y pipe

Postby 77T » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Got some sti quads and the sound difference is hardly anything so want a bigger mid Y pipe
Attachments
liberty_3ltr_h6_large.png
liberty_3ltr_h6_large.png (66.31 KiB) Viewed 2882 times
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Re: WTB - Aftermarket H6 4gen mid Y pipe

Postby RX25SE » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Not sure that a bigger Y pipe will make it any louder, if that's what you are after.

I have played around with the exhaust on my old Gen III and my current GenIV, removing the center resonator, changing mufflers etc. and the one thing I noticed is the factory mufflers do a good job of shutting up the noise, pretty much regardless of whats been done upstream.
RX25SE

Car: MY07 30RB 6sp Wag

Postby 77T » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:29 am

RX25SE wrote:Not sure that a bigger Y pipe will make it any louder, if that's what you are after.

I have played around with the exhaust on my old Gen III and my current GenIV, removing the center resonator, changing mufflers etc. and the one thing I noticed is the factory mufflers do a good job of shutting up the noise, pretty much regardless of whats been done upstream.

Hmm ok will keep in mind. Maybe changing the cats would give a different note,want a more metallic sound not just bass

Thanks for info
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Postby RX25SE » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Cats will make virtually no difference to note, and none to power. If you put hi-flow cats on it will most likely start throwing cat efficiency fault codes. The third cat can be removed without any fault code issues, as it's not monitored by the ECU.

STi quads are a factory item so they will never be loud, you are probably best to change the mufflers if you are after a 'raspy' sound. You could try removing the center resonator, this may make it louder but with a little more drone.
RX25SE

Car: MY07 30RB 6sp Wag

Return to Wanted to Buy