ez30 wanted in brisbane

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

ez30 wanted in brisbane

Postby unleashthebeast » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:44 pm

hey guys

I'm after a used EZ30 for my 07 Liberty. my head gasket is allowing combustion pressure to the radiator.

anyone got one for sale.

thanks
unleashthebeast

Car: MY07 3RB 5AT Wagon

Re: ez30 wanted in brisbane

Postby Paul13pp » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Hey,
How did you resolve the issue? I have a 05 Outback H-6 that I have just driven from Caboolture QLD to Canberra & back having to stop every 4 hours for 30 mins to add water to the radiator.
It has spewed coolant all over the engine from the overflow bottle.
When you stop the engine waiting for it to cool to remove the radiator cap, the bubbles going into the overflow bottle is constant & the level is full to near top of the bottle. The water also does not suck back into the radiator, nor is there any sludge or discoloration in the radiator.
No problem with performance & no water in the oil or any other problem other than having to stop once you notice the temp gauge starting to rise over half.
I have noticed fuel economy has dropped from the usual 8.2 litres per 100 klms highway travel to now 8.8 or 9 litres per 100 klm & oil consumption has risen. ( It read just on the add line after the 2000 klm+ drive down & back.
Looks like we will have to rip the engine out soon & tackle the head gaskets.
I have read a probable cause for this failure being the heater core blocking up restricting flow thus overheating... Gurgling noises from the dash is the warning sign prior head gasket failure apparently..
Anyone know about this & how difficult it is to change the head gaskets/water pump etc on a 2005 H-6? Pretty please.
225,000 klms on the clock by the way, which is very disappointing considering other vehicles I have owned like Commodores or Toyota Hiace petrol vans that have had no problems until double those K's.
Paul13pp

Car: 2005 H6 Outbackcola

Return to Wanted to Buy