Page 1 of 1

McIntosh PF-2824I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:57 am
by skwiggly
I'm in the States, just bought a 2007 specB, and I am on a mission to find the McIntosh HU.

Model: PF-2824I / PF-2824I-A (MY07-09 Spec B GT and tbSTI)

I realize there may be issues, but I'm willing to try. Based on this post: http://jeremy.geek.nz/2015/04/03/mcinto ... st-glance/
The tuner can be reset to North America. I don't care about reversed controls. The big unknown is whether the HVAC section will work with USDM, but if not, I have a soldering iron :)

Anyone have one and willing to ship? If so we can use Paypal which still protects buyer & seller for non-eBay transactions.

You can see my feedback on LegacyGT.com here:
http://legacygt.com/forums/itrader.php?u=27990

regards,
Scott

Re: McIntosh PF-2824I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 am
by BillyCorgi
Hi Scott,
Welcome to Oz.
Check with Onboost www.onboostautoparts.com.au
They are close to my home.
They are always handling Spec-B and GT Spec-B cars.
If they will not ship, let me know and I will handle the packing and shipping for you for a small fee (Beers!)
Cheers!

Re: McIntosh PF-2824I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 am
by dr20t
I've got one at home that I'm willing to ship to the USA

Pm for more details

Mick

Re: McIntosh PF-2824I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:43 pm
by skwiggly
Thanks for the speedy replies and warm welcome!

I visited Melbourne and Great Ocean Road a few years back, absolutely loved it. Managed to get 3 speeding tickets, which I didn't even realize until they arrived in the mail back home :D

Mick, sent you a PM. And thanks BillyCorgi for the Onboost suggestion, that'll be my backup plan.