Page 1 of 1

GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear mufflers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:13 am
by TheLiberty
Hey guys,
After the following before my next service so I can get installed and retuned;

-GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear mufflers

I am predominantly after a better exhaust note with slightly increased performance...reasons being;
1. After fitting a dump pipe, my exhaust note is horrible, whiney, annoying.
2. I've been told that the rear mufflers are quite restrictive

I actually like the Lib GT pre-fl muffler tips...so if you guys have any ideas on how I can reach my objectives whilst still keeping them, that's my ideal situation!

Thanks all

Location: Melbourne

Re: GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear muffle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:49 am
by Pundit

Re: GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear muffle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:41 am
by TheLiberty
Pundit wrote:http://forum.liberty.asn.au/search.php?keywords=gutted+muffler

Now that, I want to do..


Anyone know someone who will do it in Melbourne?

Re: GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear muffle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:33 pm
by TheLiberty
Still after an exhaust system, I want some noise rather than my current tinny rubbish!

Re: GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear muffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:17 am
by TheLiberty
Any ideas where to buy a catback exhaust? Been told the Ultrex one is pretty good for the price but they don't sell the catback one anymore...only seem to stock the mufflers

Re: GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear muffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:53 pm
by HardwareBoB

Re: GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear muffle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:02 am
by TheLiberty
HardwareBoB wrote:http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31803
problem solved :)



Agreed, a day too late! Went and bought the Ultrex last night, I did watch your video with the Empire exhaust, but I noticed you put a centre resonator in too, I didn't want to mess around too much, thus went with the Ultrex


I couldn't find any videos with a 3" dump and Ultrex mufflers on a 2.0GT...so I hope it isn't too droney :(

I want the Fujitsubo centre and Y pipe haha

Re: GT Lib sedan 2.0GT MT Catback exhaust and/or rear muffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:13 am
by TheLiberty
Looking for a Y piece and mid pipe