Page 1 of 1

Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:24 pm
by Tyrone_kill
Looking for sti hubs 5x100 from a 02/03/04, with hand brake cables.. I have a r180 and Gd shafts on the way! And would rather not get the shafts custom made to fit my r160 hubs!! Thanks

Re: Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 pm
by dr20t
Tyrone_kill wrote:Looking for sti hubs 5x100 from a 02/03/04, with hand brake cables.. I have a r180 and Gd shafts on the way! And would rather not get the shafts custom made to fit my r160 hubs!! Thanks


Here's a cheaper option for you:

Buy some post facelift (late 06 to late 09) liberty 6 speed rear shafts

These have the r180 inner and r160 outer so you don't have to change hubs and handbrake etc

Mick

Re: Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:32 pm
by Tyrone_kill
I'm better off upgrading to r180,, I've gone rwd,, so would like to be as strong as possible. Plus I've already got Gd sti shafts,, so I don't want to buy another set of shafts!

Re: Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 pm
by dr20t
Mate the post facelift 6 speeds came with r180

The shafts I'm telling you about mate to an r180 but use your stock hubs

But up to you

Re: Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:24 pm
by rsb4rsk
I have a set of Sti R180 hubs, what car is it going into? but sti rear hubs won't fit a gen 4 on Liberty.

Re: Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 pm
by kiks
Why just r180?

R200 or r230 ftmfw.

Re: Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:20 pm
by bigBADbenny
The 6mt lib rear shafts require Wrx outer CVs as the lib splines are too long (at least for eg 05 Wrx) :)

Tyrone: do the STi hubs even fit WRX struts or is machining required?
RichD's approach might be the cheapest solution, esp if you make some spares up ;)

As kiks suggested: go bigger lol.

Re: Sti hubs 5x100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:40 am
by kiks
That said if it's for a GD impreza, we're talking 1988 subaru underneath.

R180 is a bolt in solution but they still shit themselves with any real torque and abuse. There's a reason they arent used in even modest powered, low torque RB25 cars.

Your best bet is to do it once, do it right, and throw a long nose R200 in with nissan shafts and hubs redrilled to 5x100. Not exactly DIY unless you have the skills and knowledge, but not beyond what's doable by a competent workshop and not 'overly' expensive, also larger range of ratios to choose from and cheaper off the shelf centers. Assuming you want it for sick dorifto skidz and maccas hard parking then you'll prefer the naturally heavier spider gear assembly which means it's happier to spin two with a less aggressive LSD etc.