Page 1 of 1

Spec B badge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:26 pm
by W4GNIT
Hey all,

Looking to get a Spec B badge for my wagon. Haven't seen any other posts recently about them so adding this one. Does anyone have one for sale or is anyone interested in bulk buying to save on the ridiculous shipping costs? The previous owner of the car put an STi badge on there so am keen to get that off and replace with Spec B.

Let me know if anyone has any more info, or even the cheapest place to get one on its own should noone else be up for it.

Cheers

Steve

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:07 pm
by BillyCorgi
Order from the USA

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:46 pm
by peadya100
I think japanparts has them. The postage from there is really reasonable.
They come with a legacy badge as well usually.

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:31 pm
by W4GNIT
Thanks guys,

I had a look and in the end the cheapest I could find (inc. shipping) was on eBay for $102 AUD. Crazy for a piece of plastic but I do want it so I bit the bullet.

Cheers. I'll post pics once its on.

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:24 am
by tom_kauf
I got mine from here:
http://www.subarugenuineparts.com/

I can look up the receipt if you're interested. Let me know if you do, it was only 6 months ago.

And you're right, postage directly on most websites is ridiculous. They just go worst-case-scenario I think (don't or can't update postage for every item, so assume the heaviest). Even the above one (about $50) :?. But people on the forum here suggested emailing them. And then they correctly updated postage for the small & light part that it is. I think about $15 with the cheapest US Postal (10 days every time I used them, to regional QLD).
It pays to email any seller. I ordered some fuses on ebay and they wanted $40. After emailing them it was $5 :).

I couldn't find them from Japan, but I got my 'GT' from Japan. The US Gen5 cars have a 'Legacy SpecB' badge, so I just used the SpecB part and gave a happy forum member the 'Legacy' badge :).

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:26 am
by tom_kauf
Oh, I just read that you bought it. Sorry, I only just saw your post. I think combined with the item mine was about US$68, about Aus$75 iirc. So a bit cheaper but not eg double (like most parts at the dealer here).

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:11 pm
by W4GNIT
Thanks guys,

Might have been able to save a few bucks but in the end i got the badge and im happy with it. now just need a dry saturday to pull the fake STi badge (real badge but not an STi car so...) off and put on the SpecB one.

I've read a few posts on how to remove them. The one that seems the best for me is Heat gun and Fishing line. Any further advise?Cheers guys, will post pics when done!

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:04 pm
by Enigma
W4GNIT wrote:Thanks guys,

Might have been able to save a few bucks but in the end i got the badge and im happy with it. now just need a dry saturday to pull the fake STi badge (real badge but not an STi car so...) off and put on the SpecB one.

I've read a few posts on how to remove them. The one that seems the best for me is Heat gun and Fishing line. Any further advise?Cheers guys, will post pics when done!

After a morning in the sun, I was able to remove my OEM badge with fishing wire and used a glue remover to rid the small marks left from the badge, you might even get away with a light polish pending what's there.

New badge on and voila!

Good luck!

Re: Spec B badge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:33 pm
by peadya100
Photos???