Page 1 of 2

[Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:42 pm
by BlackSTI
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a (hopefully new) vent gauge for a Gen4.

It has been out of stock for a long while now and just thought someone may have one laying around?

http://gtboostgauge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=24

Thanks.

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 pm
by mynameisdaniel
Have you tried contacting the seller? I'm after one too :(

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:32 pm
by tuned sti
Got a email from the seller, they are back in stock.

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:19 pm
by BlackSTI
Just randomly saw it was in stock again, just grabbed the last RHD one I believe (out of stock again).

Daniel I hope you got one in time :D

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:38 pm
by bigBADbenny
Still haven't upgraded, can 't wait to do it.

Let me know if its possible to tweak the AFR display settings.
Mines a little out due to AEM not LC-1 input.
Or I might be able to use a diode or pot to trim my 0-5v signal from the AEM.

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:52 pm
by BlackSTI
bigBADbenny wrote:Still haven't upgraded, can 't wait to do it.

Let me know if its possible to tweak the AFR display settings.
Mines a little out due to AEM not LC-1 input.
Or I might be able to use a diode or pot to trim my 0-5v signal from the AEM.


Are you running an older revision of the physical hardware or older firmware?

I'll see what I can do with it, once it arrives :P

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:55 pm
by bigBADbenny
Mine is the .03 version non software upgradeable so its going to be sold or traded in pending how you go with yours ;)

The vendor was vague (or I was) about whether that functionality (variable 0-5v input) was possible now or in the future.

The white wire that you use for logging is just tee'd, and one end connects to the VBG1 0-5v input wire :twisted:

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:16 pm
by mynameisdaniel
BlackSTI wrote:Just randomly saw it was in stock again, just grabbed the last RHD one I believe (out of stock again).

Daniel I hope you got one in time :D


Nope :angry2:

Hahaha all good, it's been on my list for about a year and I only just thought about it again when I saw this thread. Now I actually have some $$$ this would happen :P

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 am
by BlackSTI
mynameisdaniel wrote:Nope :angry2:

Hahaha all good, it's been on my list for about a year and I only just thought about it again when I saw this thread. Now I actually have some $$$ this would happen :P


Dang that's a shame, you should set-up the alerts on the website for next time (although they didn't work for me when they came back in to stock).

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:17 am
by mynameisdaniel
BlackSTI wrote:
mynameisdaniel wrote:Nope :angry2:

Hahaha all good, it's been on my list for about a year and I only just thought about it again when I saw this thread. Now I actually have some $$$ this would happen :P


Dang that's a shame, you should set-up the alerts on the website for next time (although they didn't work for me when they came back in to stock).


Contacted the seller and he put together another one for me :)

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:05 pm
by BlackSTI
mynameisdaniel wrote:Contacted the seller and he put together another one for me :)


Excellent news! He seems like a good bloke (he changed my shipping to expedited shipping).

Re: VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:40 pm
by BlackSTI
bigBADbenny wrote:Mine is the .03 version non software upgradeable so its going to be sold or traded in pending how you go with yours ;)

The vendor was vague (or I was) about whether that functionality (variable 0-5v input) was possible now or in the future.

The white wire that you use for logging is just tee'd, and one end connects to the VBG1 0-5v input wire :twisted:


http://www.gtboostgauge.com/VBG1%20-%20 ... 0V1.08.pdf

From what I've read it doesn't look good yet, looks like when you use an LC-1 you need to configure the wideband to 0V = 10AFR, 5V = 20AFR, Warm-up = 5V.

Which conveniently is what the AEM 30-4100 UEGO is scaled to (another supported wide-band).

I received it today and will install on Sunday probably. I'll let you know how I go and if its possible :?

EDIT: Just emailed the vendor to see if he will enlighten me with any information.

Re: [Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 pm
by mynameisdaniel
Seems like the PLX SM-AFR is the way to go... I think that'll be my next purchase after I get my gauge. Digital connection so no scaling :)

Re: [Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 pm
by BlackSTI
mynameisdaniel wrote:Seems like the PLX SM-AFR is the way to go... I think that'll be my next purchase after I get my gauge. Digital connection so no scaling :)


Seems like that would be the smart choice at the moment.

I chose the AEM fail-safe because I was interested with the failsafe circuit and standalone logging to the tactrix.

Have you received your vbg1 in the mail yet?

Re: [Found] VBG1-4GLGT-RHD 1.05 Vent Gauge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:07 pm
by mynameisdaniel
I 'think' I can get the PLX to do standalone logging with the tactrix, otherwise I can just do it through RomRaider on my CarPC :)

Not yet, should get it this week I think...