Page 1 of 1

WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm
by garthos
Hey guys, As the subject heading reads...

interested in any style/colour rear spoiler for a Gen V Wagon.

Cheers,
Garth.

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:15 am
by garthos
Bump

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 am
by Gen5is
You could buy an aftermarket spoiler for less than ordering a subaru one at a stealership. Most are unpainted (hence being cheap), if you're handy enough or know a mate thats good at painting you could save yourself a few hundreds there too.

On Japan parts;

Subaru roof spoiler is about $596!!! (Stealership would probably charge you double that for product and labour)
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... l=8&page=2

DAMD roof spoiler $364
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist. ... 2&small=11

I'll let you decide 8)

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:04 pm
by garthos
Yeah I did look into both these options, I guess I was just being optimistic that someone *ahem* geno *cough* might want to sell one second hand.

I enquired at my local (Chatswood) Subaru and was quoted $612 just for the unpainted part - and they have them in stock.

hmmm, decisions....

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:43 pm
by Gen5is
well i calculated the shipping cost for you on Japan parts.

It's 154 shipping to your door fully insured + 367 for spoiler = $521

Cheaper than the Subaru unpainted item from the stealership! 2 weeks wait tops! I ordered a double din fascia kit from them, took 2 weeks for it to arrive!

Re: WTB: Gen V Wagon Rear Spoiler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 pm
by garthos
Cheers for that!

The DAMD one does seem a more cost effective choice, just need to get it painted which will still bring it in around the $600 - $650 mark.... Not bad.

BUT the more I compare the two I think I'm starting to prefer the look of the OEM one. :roll:

torn...