Page 1 of 1

gen 4 parts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:48 am
by courtneytaylor_1989
Im after a sti short shifter for a 2005 3.0rb

Re: gen 4 parts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 am
by Mat04
Is there a reason why you posted the same wanted thread half hour after your original post?

Re: gen 4 parts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 am
by bigBADbenny
I'd recommend the Cobb STS from Jackson on this forum. :D

Re: gen 4 parts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:11 am
by courtneytaylor_1989
Mat04 wrote:Is there a reason why you posted the same wanted thread half hour after your original post?

no I didn't realise I had and why through Cobb over the sti......any particular reason

Re: gen 4 parts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:20 pm
by bigBADbenny
Cos it gives adjustability to height & throw independently without needing to replace everything, just the stick :-)
I'm running mine highest/longest which gives me enough improvement over the stocker with lower/shorter throw easily available if I feel the need. Total shifting nirvana came with the addition of a lightweight Prova knob.
So under $300 DIY installed compared to $450+ plus install for the STi unit...
But the STi sts is also highly regarded... So ymmv... :-)