Page 1 of 1

MY04 GT Clock Display

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm
by joeydable
Hey Guys,

I hear the clock display has a reputation of dying.
Just bought my lib as you know and it has died.
Subby here in Port Macquarie has quoted me 325 for a new one installed, but I thought I would put the feelers out there to see whether it was worth buying a 2nd hand one?

Re: MY04 GT Clock Display

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 pm
by Mat04
Is the gt clock display same as the non gt one? If so I have one and if I had seen your post before today I would of dropped it off to you to try. Just got back to syd from a holiday up there. If it is the same $100 and its yours easy as to swap just pop out old and plug in new.

Re: MY04 GT Clock Display

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 am
by ferret89
$325 from Subaru is cheap... my dealer quoted be over $500 to replace the clock. I ended up getting a second hand one for about $80 and putting that in, I'd say the clocks would be the same between models

Re: MY04 GT Clock Display

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 am
by Twest90
mate if you have used a soldering iron before. i fixed mine in under $20 mins following these instructions..

http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.ph ... ntry531104


The hardest part is getting the clock out, no joke!