WTB: struts for 97 outback

Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm
by link1896
Howdy all,
looking for some struts to fit a 1997 outback wagon. Anything really, not fussed, as long as it fits and isn't shagged.
Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:48 pm
by Mat04
I got a set of gen 4 ones you can have for free. Not sure if they fit though
Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Posted:
Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm
by cruisn
Mat04 wrote:I got a set of gen 4 ones you can have for free. Not sure if they fit though
Not even close to fitting unfortunately.
Your about 8 weeks too late. I had a full set of 3000km old ones for sale from my '97 OBK and it took ages to sell them.
Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 am
by link1896
Just my luck hey. I'll have to keep hunting.
Will GC8 WRX struts fit a series one OBW?
Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 am
by cruisn
Fronts will, rears have different tops, but the struts are shorter.
SF '99 - '02 Forester is a direct fit.
Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Posted:
Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:42 pm
by link1896
thanks for the info.
I can swap springs and top hats, and have the ability to make spacers if I do go with gc8 struts, but I suspect spacers, even if I milled from billet ally, would not pass roadworthy?