WTB: struts for 97 outback

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTB: struts for 97 outback

Postby link1896 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Howdy all,

looking for some struts to fit a 1997 outback wagon. Anything really, not fussed, as long as it fits and isn't shagged.
link1896
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:06 pm
Car: 03 Forester and 97 OBW

Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Postby Mat04 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:48 pm

I got a set of gen 4 ones you can have for free. Not sure if they fit though
owner and operator of offset Custom welding and fabrications.
User avatar
Mat04
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:53 am
Location: Campbelltown
Car: 03 my04 slammed outback
Real name: Matt

Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Postby cruisn » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Mat04 wrote:I got a set of gen 4 ones you can have for free. Not sure if they fit though


Not even close to fitting unfortunately.

Your about 8 weeks too late. I had a full set of 3000km old ones for sale from my '97 OBK and it took ages to sell them.
User avatar
cruisn
 
Posts: 6560
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY02 GTB E Tune
Real name: Mark

Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Postby link1896 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 am

Just my luck hey. I'll have to keep hunting.

Will GC8 WRX struts fit a series one OBW?
link1896
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:06 pm
Car: 03 Forester and 97 OBW

Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Postby cruisn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 am

Fronts will, rears have different tops, but the struts are shorter.

SF '99 - '02 Forester is a direct fit.
User avatar
cruisn
 
Posts: 6560
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY02 GTB E Tune
Real name: Mark

Re: WTB: struts for 97 outback

Postby link1896 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:42 pm

thanks for the info.


I can swap springs and top hats, and have the ability to make spacers if I do go with gc8 struts, but I suspect spacers, even if I milled from billet ally, would not pass roadworthy?
link1896
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:06 pm
Car: 03 Forester and 97 OBW



Return to Wanted to Buy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests