Page 1 of 1

Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:24 pm
by TheFirstEskimo
Im after a set of PHAT quad mufflers and possibly and one of his custom centrepipe/ypipe assembly for my 07 GT Wagon.

Contacted him last week and he told me he hasn't been making the mufflers for the last year or so :cry:

Love the sound and design of the mufflers and it looks like they got some great feedback when they were around.

Anyone out there consider selling?

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 pm
by hamish_023
Have you looked at tcp/ultrex?

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:37 pm
by TheFirstEskimo
hamish_023 wrote:Have you looked at tcp/ultrex?


Have heard TCP suffer from drone. Im trying to keep exhaust noise minimal with just a slightly deeper note and growl when opening up.

I have yet to hear a similar note to the PHAT muffflers.

Will check out Ultrex but still pretty set on PHATs......

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:41 pm
by hamish_023
I have heard tcps and Phats both drone on autos and not drone at all on manuals

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:46 pm
by TheFirstEskimo
hamish_023 wrote:I have heard tcps and Phats both drone on autos and not drone at all on manuals


That's a worry... :shock:

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm
by rooby
I believe the majority of drone comes from the centre section.

I have the full tcp system in a manual and I get a bit of drone. Enough to be annoying at times if talking to a passenger but it isn't extreme. The tcp centre has a single resonator. A centre section with a muffler should get rid of most drone with either exhaust.

Edit: although it could just be that I pay more attention to the drone. My gf said she doesn't really notice it.

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:51 pm
by 04GTLIB
Run two resonators in your centre pipe and you'll have no drama's. :D

Cheers,
Rusty.

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 pm
by TheFirstEskimo
So nobody wants to sell theirs? They must be good.....

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 am
by TheFirstEskimo
Still looking....... :(

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 am
by SH30RB
what about some TCP's? they are currently going for $600 plus shipping

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 pm
by 3.0R Spec B
I may have my hitechs up for sale shortly!

Re: Phat Quads wanted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm
by TheFirstEskimo
Maybe if I could have a listen to some TCP's or HITECHS in person I could be persuaded but im still pretty keen on the PHATS.

Come on guys, there must be someone with a set for a wagon