Page 1 of 1

McIntosh aux cable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 pm
by MumblesOfficial
im after one of the aux cables that hard wires into the back. iv got a 08 sti.

iv checked on ebay and there is a couple on there but none of them post to Perth.

Re: McIntosh aux cable

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 pm
by SegR
which head unit does the STI have - kenwood or mcintosh?

Re: McIntosh aux cable

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 pm
by DeeviousDeeve
Also chasing one of these for the MacIntosh ('08 3R Spec B), part H6210AG000, also in Perth.

Wangara Subaru quoted 400+ installed, the part alone was still over 300. I thought it a bit of a joke.

Re: McIntosh aux cable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:59 am
by chanham
http://www.aboutsound.co.nz/

they sell the anycar kit, which is compatible with the mac head unit.

you can get them with aux/ipod or aux/usb. i emailed them 2 weeks ago and there was a month wait on stock so they should be in soon. looking at about $130 delivered.

install looks easy as too: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16196 ...there is a walk through somewhere on the audio/how do i thread.

Re: McIntosh aux cable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:20 am
by SegR
I'm not sure anyone around here has tried the anycarlink on an 08 model. The advanced ice unit is proven however. See the superthread in the audio forum.

Re: McIntosh aux cable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am
by DeeviousDeeve
Thanks gentlemen, I did look at the advanced ice unit but generally prefer a factory standard part, all I need is aux in (not using an ipod). I'll have another look anyway.