Page 1 of 1

WTB Gen 4 post face lift sat nav and head unit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:59 am
by B4 Dave
Hi Guys,

I have a JDM MY07 GTB wagon and am looking to replace the head unit and the sat nav display. For each of these components I have all the ancilery components as they are stock in my car, its just that they are in Japanese.

For the sat nav I have the DVD drive and ariel for the sat nav system, just need the display unit in english and a disk for Australia. Disk not nessesary as I can get one on line.

Wth the head unit I have the Kenwood with a minidisk player in it, kind of cool but does not operate on Australian frequencies. Yes I have tried the frequency expander thingy but due to the diameter of the ariel wire, much smaller than standard, it is very difficult to splice in the plugs you need to plug the thing in. Would prefer a macintosh but really don't care that much.


Cheers Dave

Image

Re: WTB Gen 4 post face lift sat nav and head unit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:15 am
by B4 Dave
Bump

Re: WTB Gen 4 post face lift sat nav and head unit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:21 am
by SH30RB
I was reading up on the subaru sat navs a month or two ago, you should be able to change the language..

some sites suggested turning the car on and start driving, the sat nav should come up with a different language selection

if not, try installing the new update disk?

Re: WTB Gen 4 post face lift sat nav and head unit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:47 am
by B4 Dave
Hi mte,

Thanks for your thoughts, I had hoped that it was possible to have language changed but I had a Japanese bloke who now lives in Australia try that already.

he told me that the system is so Japanese in what it does, the type of data stored and how it stores data that even if you could change the language most of the functions wouldn't work here anyway.

Aparently it has the ability to store your etag type data and transmit that to the toll booths as you drive past and even keeps a digital copy of your licenece so if you get caught without it the police can use the data stored in your car. He drives a 2009 BMW X5 and said the computer in the legacy is way beyond the capability of the systems in his car.

Thts all really cool but doesn't help much if you cnt read Japnese.