Page 1 of 1
TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:03 am
by cholmes1
Anyone know where I could find a new or used set like the one pictured below? These are not available in the US so part numbers and model numbers for this strut-spring setup are no where to be found. Even being a long time member here I still have not seen part numbers or any come available for sale for quite a while. Ideally I would like the set from the 2007 or 2008 Liberty TB STI sedan.
** Anyone with part numbers for the TB STI struts would be my new best friend
** These are for a sedan.
Thanks

Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:56 pm
by Sh4wry
I do believe this is exactly what your after.....
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15907Was in the for sale thread recently.
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:29 am
by cholmes1
I did see that, but unfortunately the seller and the thread were posted quite some time ago. Thank you for the link though. Maybe another one will pop up at some point.
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am
by Sh4wry
Ahh, so they were.
Sorry dude.
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm
by jp928
I have a set of stock GTB bilsteins, (ie not STI) sitting around. ~95k kms, no leaks, no damage.
or is yours a sedan?
jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 am
by cholmes1
Thanks. But we have bilsteins on our SpecB which would be the same as the ones you are selling. I am really only interested in the TB STI struts (springs if possible) for the sedan.
Thanks,
Charles
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:16 am
by bigBADbenny
It depends on what you're after, the slightly stiffer/firmer damped JDM Bilstein Pink spring combo or the AUDM version?
Or just the Bilstein struts with aftermarket springs, e.g. Eibach, Swift etc...
Or go the full monty with rebuilt revalved dampers and custom springs.
All options are available, we can source the JDM stuff via an importing service for Yahoo.jp (ImportMonster.com.au) or some trusted importers, e.g. PhatGT.
You'll just need to know exactly what you want and have the funds and patience!
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 am
by cholmes1
That is sound advice Benny. I agree clarification is key. In as specific terms as possible I am looking for the 2008 AUS Tuned By STI struts (TB STI stickers, etc). While similar struts are available here, we cannot access anything that was built by STI for anything but the Impreza so these would be a unique addition to my car. The pink springs I can source myself, but since they are built as a set it would be preferred as a complete package. I have patience and am not in a rush, but saw a special on the TV about the Tuned By STI line and it got me to thinking of what would be nice on my LGT.
I am sure at some point someone will come across the part numbers and if my patience begins to wane I can always PM an 08 TB STI owner and offer them a nice premium for helping me source these.
Thanks to everyone for the advice
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 am
by bigBADbenny
Intriguing because we view the JDM set as a slightly firm (more desirable to some) upgrade over the AUDM versions.

I'm going custom Bilsteins/springs eventually for the ultimate street setup.
We can definitely hook you up with what you want, low kilometer or NOS AUDM Bilsteins with AUDM Pink springs.
On top of that you can get the Bilsteins revalved specifically for your springs from several local reputable firms including the official Bilstein distributor.
Just depends on your budget and desired outcome.

Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:59 pm
by paggaz
Re: TB STI Bilstein / Spring Setup

Posted:
Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 pm
by AlpineRaven
There has been a few around.. Ive seen them - just gotta look, I'm also looking for the right one too, only been looking for about 2 weeks now.
Cheers
AP