Page 1 of 2
Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 pm
by cdogmac
wtb samsung galaxy or iphone what have you got?
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:30 pm
by Kekotic
My brother has a galaxy s2 he wants to get rid of as he bought a galaxy s3.
I can ask him if you want?
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 pm
by rooby
If you have the choice I'd say get the Samsung.
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:04 pm
by Nottage969
Definitely the Samsung.
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm
by 3rspecb
yep, samsung all the way.
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 pm
by Rome_BRZ
iphen
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm
by XT_for_me
As a past iphone and current Galaxy owner, go Galaxy
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 pm
by bradr
Having never owned an iphone but having bought a Samsung Galaxy SII recently, the Samsung is super-cool and has left me wanting for nothing. I've read enough and spoken to enough people to know that an iphone just won't do it for me.
cheers,
bj
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 pm
by rooby

Now if only samsung or HTC would make a good new high end one that isn't ridiculously huge.
Damn manufacturers telling me what I want.
A 4 - 4.2 inch screen that goes all the way to the edges (except for minimal microphone & speaker areas) is all I ask.
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:45 pm
by cdogmac
Alright, thanks guys...Samsung it is.
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:14 pm
by Rome_BRZ
rooby wrote::offtopic:
Now if only samsung or HTC would make a good new high end one that isn't ridiculously huge.
Damn manufacturers telling me what I want.
A 4 - 4.2 inch screen that goes all the way to the edges (except for minimal microphone & speaker areas) is all I ask.
You mean like the iphone?

Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:33 pm
by rooby
Rome_STI wrote:rooby wrote::offtopic:
Now if only samsung or HTC would make a good new high end one that isn't ridiculously huge.
Damn manufacturers telling me what I want.
A 4 - 4.2 inch screen that goes all the way to the edges (except for minimal microphone & speaker areas) is all I ask.
You mean like the iphone?

3.5, with large areas of no screen
The upcoming one sounds good in term of screen and physical size if you believe what you hear. If only it wasn't going to be crippled with iOS

Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:04 am
by mrcrazydude
As a long time iPhone owner & never galaxy owner (borrow/play only)
If you have to have it now, I'd say the galaxy SIII is the only option
If you can wait, I'd like to see the "new" (or whatever they call it) iPhone before buying.
May yet still go to the dark side even after seeing the new iPhone if it doesn't float my boat.
Other than that, iPhone typically "just works" - with some caveats.
Android has come a loooooong way though from its early attempts. I no longer recommend against it for all but the hardcore geeks ;-p
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 am
by rooby
I think the "just works" applies pretty much to all phones equally these days.
And iOS "has regulated apps for supreme stability and doesn't crash like android" is a crock.
All phones crash or lag sometimes, it's just that you can do less with an iPhone.
If you just want a phone and camera that's fine (unless you want to upload one of your photos into a forum via safari. Think that is a normal everyday task, think again) but if you want to be able to do anything you want, apple gives you no choice but to look elsewhere.
Re: Samsung Galaxy or Iphone

Posted:
Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:38 am
by BUDDAH
chaotic2050 wrote:My brother has a galaxy s2 he wants to get rid of as he bought a galaxy s3.
I can ask him if you want?
I bet it goes fast