Page 1 of 1

WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:13 pm
by seanmau5
So with the assistance of some fucking retard who can't park I now have:

Image

Am looking for exactly what the title states - as you can see the dipshit has just managed to break the corner of my tail light. I can get more comprehensive pictures but in people's experience, is the damaged right on the corner of the panel difficult to have repaired?

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:13 pm
by rooby
I'm having trouble working out how you even hit that spot, that's crazy. And shit.

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:32 pm
by clancey
rooby wrote:I'm having trouble working out how you even hit that spot, that's crazy. And shit.


Ute??

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:00 pm
by seanmau5
clancey wrote:
rooby wrote:I'm having trouble working out how you even hit that spot, that's crazy. And shit.


Ute??


Yep.. 4WD ute with the alloy tray, the tray sits particularly high in them..

I found a new tail light btw, only $100 from a wrecker. Need to sort out the panels now

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:08 pm
by Kekotic
So how do you know what car it was? I thought this was a hit and run thing?

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:18 pm
by seanmau5
It was a hit & run, but parked right across from me was a 4WD ute as I described above

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 pm
by Kekotic
Ah okay mate. Bad luck.
Great news to hear you found a tail light for $100, but still....money you shouldn't have to be spending.

I would look in to a good paintless dent removal for the dents, you might be lucky with the rear quarter panel and they could just touch it up? Definitely no problems with the boot though.

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 pm
by seanmau5
Touching it up wouldn't work unfortunately. It will new more then just that :( I've potentially found a replacement black bootlid which I will get if it's a decent price. But that's the easy part, only way to fix the dents on the rear quarter panel may be to bog it? I'm not sure, will get an idea of cost and what can be done during the week

Re: WTB: MY04 - MY06 R/H tail light

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:12 pm
by mynameisdaniel
Those paintless dent removal guys are pretty amazing, I was surprised at what they managed to get to and fix on my car when I got it. Rear quarter panel is the worst as they'll have to blend it into the roof if you get it repainted.

Also, on a separate note, if you get a second boot and don't have any use for your current one I'll buy the black piece of plastic where the number plate lights sit off of you :)