Page 1 of 1

WTB Cat Converter and 02 sensor 04GT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:34 am
by Liberterian
Hi guys,

I'm still dealing with the fallout of a blown Td04 turbo dumping oil down the pipe and clogging the cat converter and 02 sensor on my 04LGT.
(In addition to pulverised impeller dust through my intercooler and other fun issues)

Does anyone have, or know where I can source either or both of these parts without buying them new that would be great.
My GT is an auto but has had the vf38 replaced with a td04 with corresponding pipework to fit the standard exhaust (if that makes any difference).

I'm on the far north coast of NSW and am more than happy to pay fair price and postage on these parts.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers,

Matt

Re: WTB Cat Converter and 02 sensor 04GT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 pm
by cruisn
Email PhatGT via his vendor thread for the o2 sensor.

Get an exhaust shop to replace your cat with a metal core high flow item. Much better than an oem item.

Re: WTB Cat Converter and 02 sensor 04GT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:43 pm
by Liberterian
Thanks Mark, much appreciated.

I will contact PHAT regarding the 02 sensor and talk to an exhaust shop about welding on a new high flow cat.
Just wasn't sure whether I could cut the cat off the dump and replace with aftermarket.

Thanks again.

Re: WTB Cat Converter and 02 sensor 04GT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:47 pm
by cruisn
You can replace with aftermarket cats. You will lose the heatshield in that area though Id imagine.

Re: WTB Cat Converter and 02 sensor 04GT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:44 pm
by Liberterian
Thanks for all your help with this one guys.
Cruisn sorted me out with a complete secondhand factory dump pipe of an 04GT.

Cheers,
Matt

Re: WTB Cat Converter and 02 sensor 04GT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm
by Gordon Freeman
hello there mate. any updates for this? have you already replace your cats? and for how much? I'm planning to make a complete repair or if not, a replacement for my cat converter and sensor. I've been looking for this part under exhaust auto parts catalog online and local auto shop near our place but can't decide yet because I'm looking for affordable one. thanks