Page 1 of 1

Replacement VF38 for 04 AT LGT

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 pm
by Liberterian
Hi everyone,

I am a long time Subaru owner but only new to owning an LGT and this is my first time on your forum.

I recently picked up an 04 auto LGT for a really good price as I knew it had some engine issues - after a full inspection it turns out the problem is a blown VF38 turbo - requiring a rebuild or replacement. :x
Rebuild quote was $1000+ (depending on the damage), new Subaru VF38 $5200, ebay Japan VF38 $1999 delivered[/b][/b]. (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ball-Bearing ... _975wt_952)

If anyone on here has access to, or knows where I can source a new or used VF38 twin scroll turbo for less than the above quoted prices I would be greatly indebted to you. Any information from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks guys,

Matt (north coast NSW)

Re: Replacement VF38 for 04 AT LGT

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:43 pm
by rooby
Pity you missed out on this - gives you an indication of price though. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16343&p=225882&hilit=Vf38#p225882

Re: Replacement VF38 for 04 AT LGT

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 pm
by Liberterian
Thanks Rooby,

I did see this and thought is was a good price.
Just got to hope another one pops up sooner rather than later.
Appreciate the post.

Re: Replacement VF38 for 04 AT LGT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:45 pm
by Liberterian
All sorted. TD04HLA reconditioned at their expense. Yeehaaa