Page 1 of 1

WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:06 pm
by niterida
Caasing some standard struts or Bilsteins to suit a Gen 3 Liberty.

Perth only.

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:26 pm
by Nipple06
The closest thing I know of viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13920

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:29 pm
by seanmau5
Nipple06 wrote:The closest thing I know of viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13920


I'm sure I read somewhere that someone had installed Gen 4 struts into a Gen 3...

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:47 pm
by niterida
Yeah not very close.

Not sure if Gen4 stuff fits.

I'd grab them if I knew for sure they fitted - postage will probably be about $50-60 !!

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:12 pm
by seanmau5
I think someone put Bilsteins suited for a Gen IV into a Gen III by changing the top mounts... Hopefully someone that reads this post will know where that thread is

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:47 pm
by mihai
Lib_seanmau5 wrote:I think someone put Bilsteins suited for a Gen IV into a Gen III by changing the top mounts... Hopefully someone that reads this post will know where that thread is


I'm pretty sure I read the same thing somewhere. Maybe on OzLiberty, but yea, Gen4 Billies with Gen3 top hats I think it was.

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:52 pm
by mihai
Found it. Was in the massive Wheelpower for sale thread.

The guy fitted Gen4 Billies to his Gen3 but didn't like them due to the reasons below.

Subject: (NEW) Bilstein's & SpecB wheels

keglegz wrote:Well guys just an update on my attempt at having the suspension fitted on a 2001 B4.

Car is in for other work up here in Brisbane at Boxer Service and ill get the full run down (and update) when i pick it up tomorrow.

The suspension physically fits into the vehicle but causes the back of the car to rise by 10mm. The front of the car will also be lowered by 25mm.

The rears appear to be a straight swap but the fronts require some sort of parts swapping to fit. Something to do with the top of the struts.

So the quick summary is they will fit with a bit of effort if you really want them to but it will affect the ride height and stance of the car as mentioned above.

This leads me to the next issue.

I can have the suspension shipped down to Sydney again and restocked just losing my shipping costs. Or i can sell it on to someone else up here in Brisbane.

So if anyone wants a set of the suspension being offered in this thread for a Sedan give me a yell/pm/whatever.

Russ.

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:21 am
by seanmau5
mihai wrote:
Lib_seanmau5 wrote:I think someone put Bilsteins suited for a Gen IV into a Gen III by changing the top mounts... Hopefully someone that reads this post will know where that thread is


I'm pretty sure I read the same thing somewhere. Maybe on OzLiberty, but yea, Gen4 Billies with Gen3 top hats I think it was.


Unfortunately mine aren't Bilsteins, they're KYB :( wonder if that makes a difference

Re: WTB - WA - Standard struts or Bilsteins for Gen3 Liberty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:19 pm
by cruisn
Lib_seanmau5 wrote:Unfortunately mine aren't Bilsteins, they're KYB :( wonder if that makes a difference


Nope, same, same.

Its a shame too as I have an almost new set of KYB Excel G struts for Gen4 for cheap. I cross referenced the part numbers with Gen3 and they are different.