Page 1 of 2

Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:19 pm
by t.renshaw34
Hey Hey everyone,

looking around for some s techs to go on my billies.

$350 second hand is about the mark im thinking.

let me know if anyones got some they dont want.



kind regards
Taylor :)

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:30 pm
by mihai
You do realise that they are roughly $450 new (depending on current exchange rates etc).

May as well just go buy new.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:54 pm
by t.renshaw34
Yea I know lol, I can get them at that prices through a mate shops, just thought I would ask around if anyone wanted to get rid of a set. think they are firmer then sti pinks?

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:57 pm
by Kekotic
If you don't get the PHAT edition Tein S-techs ($455 shipped according to PHAT's vendor page) the front will sit too high.
PHAT GT actually has a custom set of S-techs made for our libertys. If you don't get those you might be very disappointed.

forumparts@gmail.com - send him an email.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:31 pm
by t.renshaw34
Cheers for the heads up, yea I remember reading that page ages ago.

Glad someones on the ball.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 pm
by hamish_023
Sounds like your really wanting coilovers. Lol

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 pm
by t.renshaw34
Haha Hamish, yea I don't need to be able to change them though, just want something wrx STI firm, the pinks are ok but still maybe only just a std wrx.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:13 am
by mihai
t.renshaw34 wrote:Haha Hamish, yea I don't need to be able to change them though, just want something wrx STI firm, the pinks are ok but still maybe only just a std wrx.


Got pics with your car on pinks? Whats the ride height on them like as I may be interested (not happy with my current ride height)

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:40 am
by t.renshaw34
Ride is slightly firmer but not like a wrx, still don't feel all of the road, but I don't have my anti lift kit in yet so that will help, drops about 15 mm, I noticed it but none of my friends or family did. So I'm going s techs but the pinks are already sold sorry mate :(.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:02 am
by cruisn
The S Techs give a better ride than the STi's. The STi's are harsher.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:50 am
by t.renshaw34
Oh really? Even though the s techs are another 15 mm lower?

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:10 am
by cruisn
Yes, lower and more give.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:46 am
by t.renshaw34
STI's are staying then, just went for a hills run, surprised how they can be so comfy and yet so minimal body roll, turn in was good considering no anti lift kit yet.

If only I could take the struts and springs off a wrx sti and fit them hahaha.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:54 pm
by neilgero
also look into getting anti-lift kit, swaybars and roll-center adjusters installed to make the most of everything.

Re: Tein S Techs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:37 pm
by t.renshaw34
Already got sway bars, ALK going in this week.

But roll center adjusters hey? Care to shed some light on them? Are they in the steering?