Standard twin exhaust, MY 04/05

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

Standard twin exhaust, MY 04/05

Postby adam » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:14 pm

If any of you guys have your old exhaust system laying about after an upgrade and want to sell it let me know. After getting some panel filters from phat the 2.0L actually responded to the tune of about 10%, especially lower in the rev range. So, more air in is good, i wanna see if more air out helps the little fella just as much .
Mind you i don't want it to sound like one of those breathless civics or barinas that the owner thought slapping a 3" system and a cannon you could fit your head into on would turn it into a rexy. So if you have the knowledge (Mo_gt, i see you already have your hand up at the back of the class) please set me on the right path.
cheers guys
adam
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby Akwoo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Just go to Phat's backyard, theres a few there. My is going off soon, if you want to come down to Canberra to get it.
Akwoo

Postby WhiteGTB » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:13 pm

Mine will eventually come off, but won't be until early 08....
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby hieu1976 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:35 pm

Dude.. I had mine up for sale only a couple of weeks ago, or to the best offer (would've given it away for free if that was the best offer, as indicated in my for sale post on this forum) but there was no interest.

And I've since binned it! D'oh! :-(
Black MY05 Liberty GT. Sti front lip, STi rear spoiler.
Hi-Tech Turbo-back exhaust (with quad tips). HKS Panel filter. Resonatorectomy. SprintBooster fitted.
35mm lower on Pedders Sports Ryder springs. Whiteline rear sway bar. 19" ROH Modenas.
hieu1976

Postby adam » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:34 am

hieu1976 wrote:.

double D'oh!
i was actually going through some old posts earlier this evening and noticed that and thought "i wish the timing had have been better"
but i've only just put the filters in a week or so ago, never really thought about doing much to the 2.0 performance wise until then.
i'm a bit fatalistic so don't get TOO upset by these things, you know"whatever is supposed to happen will happen" and that sort of wishy/washy stuff. makes life easier, less annoying.
yours meditationally
adam swaami
(teehee)
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby MY07GT » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:08 am

adamgtspecb wrote:
hieu1976 wrote:.

double D'oh!
i was actually going through some old posts earlier this evening and noticed that and thought "i wish the timing had have been better"
but i've only just put the filters in a week or so ago, never really thought about doing much to the 2.0 performance wise until then.
i'm a bit fatalistic so don't get TOO upset by these things, you know"whatever is supposed to happen will happen" and that sort of wishy/washy stuff. makes life easier, less annoying.
yours meditationally
adam swaami
(teehee)

Ahhh so was it ur place where Phat and I dropped of the goodies about 2 weeks ago?

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby adam » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:15 pm

MY07GT wrote:Ahhh so was it ur place where Phat and I dropped of the goodies about 2 weeks ago?
Phil.

i think so yeah, 2 filters and an air guide that i'm trying to give back to phat. maybe if you see him more often than me you could come around and have a beer, ostensibly under the ruse of picking it up for him?
Do you live in the area?
adam
adam

Postby EJ25 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:37 pm

adamgtspecb wrote:
MY07GT wrote:Ahhh so was it ur place where Phat and I dropped of the goodies about 2 weeks ago?
Phil.

i think so yeah, 2 filters and an air guide that i'm trying to give back to phat. maybe if you see him more often than me you could come around and have a beer, ostensibly under the ruse of picking it up for him?
Do you live in the area?
adam

y , wat happened?
EJ25

Postby adam » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:25 pm

EJ25D wrote:y , wat happened?

there was a little confusion on the supplier extrodinaire's part as to what i'd ordered and so, true to form,phata claus(and phil the elf apparently) delivered too many pressies rather than too few.
the prob was that i went to grab them from behind my bin's in the dark and felt 2 packs, yoiked them inside and fitted immediatley.
it wasn't until days later that i noticed the other box.
So if anyone wants an airguide i've got one going real cheap!!!!!!!
adam

Postby adam » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:44 pm

icandy wrote:Just go to Phat's backyard, theres a few there. My is going off soon, if you want to come down to Canberra to get it.

how soon mate?
adam
adam

Postby MY07GT » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:49 pm

adamgtspecb wrote:
EJ25D wrote:y , wat happened?

there was a little confusion on the supplier extrodinaire's part as to what i'd ordered and so, true to form,phata claus(and phil the elf apparently) delivered too many pressies rather than too few.
the prob was that i went to grab them from behind my bin's in the dark and felt 2 packs, yoiked them inside and fitted immediatley.
it wasn't until days later that i noticed the other box.
So if anyone wants an airguide i've got one going real cheap!!!!!!!

Bwahuahaua! Yes me the elf did indeed drop by!

Nah i live next to Phat but thats a long way from North Ryde. Wouldnt mind taking u up on the offer for the beer though! :lol:

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Mmmmmm, beeeer.....

Postby adam » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:14 pm

MY07GT wrote:Nah i live next to Phat but thats a long way from North Ryde. Wouldnt mind taking u up on the offer for the beer though! :lol:

Phil.

:beach: so when and where are we having that beer mate?
adam

Re: Mmmmmm, beeeer.....

Postby MY07GT » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:21 am

adamgtspecb wrote:
MY07GT wrote:Nah i live next to Phat but thats a long way from North Ryde. Wouldnt mind taking u up on the offer for the beer though! :lol:

Phil.

:beach: so when and where are we having that beer mate?

When you attempt to make it to our meets!

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Re: Mmmmmm, beeeer.....

Postby adam » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:04 am

MY07GT wrote:When you attempt to make it to our meets!
Phil.

furry muff....
adam

Return to Wanted to Buy