Page 1 of 1

steering wheel with swc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 pm
by sjm69
would love to get my hand on a steering wheel that has both cruise control and stereo control for a my08 any ideas and costs

Re: steering wheel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 pm
by Arith
Even the MY08 Premium didn't come with both? That's a bummer.

Re: steering wheel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:38 am
by sjm69
Arith wrote:Even the MY08 Premium didn't come with both? That's a bummer.



no .......only cruise control :x

steering wheel

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:40 pm
by sjm69
Arith wrote:Even the MY08 Premium didn't come with both? That's a bummer.

my premium now has both swc and cruise control
I can't believe that it is not std equipment in all models ( gen 4) . Would not be an expensive extra for Subaru and looks so much better , even more at night

Re: steering wheel

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 pm
by AlpineRaven
Are the wires all there?
Cheers
AP

steering wheel

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:57 pm
by sjm69
AlpineRaven wrote:Are the wires all there?
Cheers
AP

no, well not in my car anyway ,but you can add the two wires to get the swc working

Re: steering wheel

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:21 pm
by chris12
Still not going for you sjm? :(

Re: steering wheel with swc

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:54 pm
by Hybrid
Wow I'd love to do this!

Where did you source the SWC's from?

Mine is a different head unit (Limited Edition Kenwood SatNav with DVD & BT), but I have the pinout and it does allow SWC with a bit of modification.

Re: steering wheel with swc

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:34 pm
by sjm69
Hybrid wrote:Wow I'd love to do this!

Where did you source the SWC's from?

Mine is a different head unit (Limited Edition Kenwood SatNav with DVD & BT), but I have the pinout and it does allow SWC with a bit of modification.



https://www.subarugenuineparts.com
Part number: #83154AG001

Re: steering wheel with swc

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:52 pm
by Hybrid
sjm69 wrote:
Hybrid wrote:Wow I'd love to do this!

Where did you source the SWC's from?

Mine is a different head unit (Limited Edition Kenwood SatNav with DVD & BT), but I have the pinout and it does allow SWC with a bit of modification.



https://www.subarugenuineparts.com
Part number: #83154AG001


Ordered :D

steering wheel with swc

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 pm
by sjm69
Hybrid wrote:
sjm69 wrote:
Hybrid wrote:Wow I'd love to do this!

Where did you source the SWC's from?

Mine is a different head unit (Limited Edition Kenwood SatNav with DVD & BT), but I have the pinout and it does allow SWC with a bit of modification.



https://www.subarugenuineparts.com
Part number: #83154AG001


Ordered :D



Wow. There is a man on a mission

steering wheel with swc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:16 am
by sjm69
Hybrid wrote:
sjm69 wrote:
Hybrid wrote:Wow I'd love to do this!

Where did you source the SWC's from?

Mine is a different head unit (Limited Edition Kenwood SatNav with DVD & BT), but I have the pinout and it does allow SWC with a bit of modification.



https://www.subarugenuineparts.com
Part number: #83154AG001


Ordered :D


Did you get the swc up and running ??? All good ??