jaydece wrote:L8R37Y wrote:mynameisdaniel wrote:Aren't they all electronic anyway? The gauges have controllers which I'm guessing reads the boost and sends the signal to the gauge, electronically. Plus you can do a lot more like see boost peaks and car voltage on these
I Wasn't aware of the electic controller, I thought it was tubing running from the turbo and the gauge reads it mechanically ( just like aviation gauges/instruments)
Do you ever need to get these things re-calibrated??
If so is it a complex task??
I would really like a forum member to get one and give a good detailed demonstration
Many members on this forum run the gtboostgauge with no problems and hassles...aka brainy / 3rspecb
I have just bought the new type and will be installing it soon, 15-30min job ...piss easy job
The gtboostgauge runs off a tube/hose input like any other mechanical gauge and then displays it electronically in real time....has many features and look and works awesome.....
Unlike a ecudatascanner which runs of the obd II port via SSM module
No calibration required
i recently installed one. super easy, although threading the tube through the dash wasnt fun. but i found the cabin air filter and changed that while i was at it..
they fit so well and almost look factory.
