WTB: Front drive shafts to suit 2007 Liberty GT-Bspec, 6spd

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTB: Front drive shafts to suit 2007 Liberty GT-Bspec, 6spd

Postby TFish » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:02 pm

I have clicking noises coming from my front driveshafts and can see the grease has seeped out.

Drive shaft part number - 28321AG030

Anyone have a set for sale?

Can anyone tell me if/what other subaru shafts will work?

Also wondering where you would get tie rod ends and the oil seals for the shafts for a reasonable price?

Cheers,
TFish
TFish

Car: 2007 Liberty GT B Spec

Re: WTB: Front drive shafts to suit 2007 Liberty GT-Bspec, 6

Postby BillyCorgi » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:28 pm

To help you do some research to answer your questions, go onto OppposedForces and have a look at the various models and component part numbers to confirm cross model similarity.
http://opposedforces.com/parts/

When you have done that, you can hop accross to FEBEST Australia and look at their cattalouge of B13 Liberty parts and find out what are the costs for some aftermarket parts, such a seals, boots and tie rod ends, etc.
http://febest.com.au/catalog/SUBARU-par ... _2003-2009

We recently purcahse a full set of rack-ends and tie rod ends for Junior No.2's MY2009 Liberty Wagon for like $125 delivered.
Febest sell their stuff on ebay with free delivery and their ebay prices are generally better than their website.
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Postby TFish » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I'll go ahead and do that!
TFish

Postby oldschoolvw » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 pm

TFish

Just wondering whether new shafts fixed your clicking issue. I have a similar issue when steering left. And grease seeping out of inner front left boot.

Cheers
oldschoolvw

Postby TFish » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Yes sure did. There are other possible reasons so unless you're familiar with worn cvs (I knew what it was when I heard it the first time) you should get someone to go with you but if it is leaking it will need replacement anyway.

If you can find a workshop that does cvs and not retail they will expect you to bring back the old ones within about 2 weeks but way cheaper. No need to change the gearbox oil unless it's due (won't leak out).

One thing to check to rule out the diff is if the noise happens only when you power around the corner (this will be the diff) whereas if you float around a roundabout, particularly a ramped one, and the sound is louder with only with road speed and not engine speed and you can turn in and out and it will be louder and quieter. Chuck it in third and go quick up to the roundabout (the extra torque will make it more noticeable) then slow down during the turn and it will get more lumpy like the car is being 'tripped'
TFish

Postby oldschoolvw » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks legend.

Yeah from what I’ve noticed it’s solely from road speed and increases in pitch the further left the steering is turned.
No changes in noise through the power curve.

Thanks
oldschoolvw

Postby TFish » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am

Sounds about right to me. If it doesn't bother you, it probably won't damage anything to leave it until it is worse. I would have left mine for another 5-20,000 klms but I am losing my workshop space so I needed to get it done. The most challenging part was getting the axle nut off because I didn't have someone to hold the brake pedal on (used a metal vacuum extendable hose and the power seats to hold on the brake and it worked a treat). You also need to understand the feel of the axle when it pops out and then in. You'll pull and pull but you need a sharp tug or using a pry bar to pop it out and then it will be free.

Also flushed the brake fluid completely, changed the gearbox oil, changed the diff oil, changed the engine oil, did a partial power steering fluid change, and didn't change the front axle oil seals that I bought because I didn't have a driver to push them in (for sale if anyone wants them under Febest prices).
TFish

Return to Wanted to Buy