WTD - Gen2 (EJ20TT) Under Manifold Turbo Intakes

If you want to buy something hard to find, ask here.

WTD - Gen2 (EJ20TT) Under Manifold Turbo Intakes

Postby Bumpty » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:41 pm

G'day,
I need to replace the under manifold intake to the twin turbos.

I'm hoping as most have done the swap to single turbo that you haven't thrown this away with the rest of the obsolete TT parts..

I have one which I believe is off a gen3 and the slight differences between the gen2 one are enough for me to keep looking.

Let me know what you have


Cheers
Bumpty
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:45 pm
Location: Tasmaniac
Car: A Son Of
Real name: Kyuss

Re: WTD - Gen2 (EJ20TT) Under Manifold Turbo Intakes

Postby Robbks » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:53 pm

gen 3 one should only be different at primary turbo inlet.
but IMHO, have a stainless one built to suit

2x bits of straight, 1x 90' bend then use silicone y-pipe and joiners.
need a couple of fittings added for BOV return, and crank breathers

that intake is a HUGE restriction to the system, while you've got it apart is the opportune time to do something about it
you could also do it differently, split the pipe to the secondary before it goes under the manifold and go into the front of the secondary with a 90' bend like an RS liberty does,
then your under/ behind manifold intake feeds the primary turbo only>
Laeth had a setup like this on his a long time ago, it will really help the thing breathe like it needs to

see if i can dig up a pic of Laz's design

here

Image
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
User avatar
Robbks
 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 am
Location: Hobart, Tas
Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Real name: Rob
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Re: WTD - Gen2 (EJ20TT) Under Manifold Turbo Intakes

Postby Bumpty » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:15 am

Cheers Rob,
I hadn't really thought about do something custom.

I've sent Mr Tassie TT on rslc a pm but do you have any other contact details for him.
I'd like to know more about his setup!
Bumpty
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:45 pm
Location: Tasmaniac
Car: A Son Of
Real name: Kyuss


Return to Wanted to Buy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests