*ALL SOLD* MY10 HKS CAT BACK

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

*ALL SOLD* MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby PHAT GT » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:56 am

HELLO MY10 SEDAN OWNERS

i have 5 HKS LEGAMAX Premium arriving late next week, this model has the Titanium tips

Image

http://www.hks-tv.com/watch/?watch=123&tabsnm=5

http://www.hks-tv.com/watch/?watch=121&tabsnm=5

Cost landed in SYD and reardy for pick up $1680 (only 1 left at this price)

Best price you will find anywhere by at least $500

because im having a good day ill through in a FREE HKS panel filter

sadly no takers on this forum


Michael
Last edited by PHAT GT on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
User avatar
PHAT GT
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby senator » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Is it Christmas already??????

Great price :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
User avatar
senator
 
Posts: 3217
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:53 pm
Location: SYDNEY

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTSPECB STI » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm

wow thats a good deal on a great product but it seems a pity to put such nice tips behind the MY10 bumper

Image
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Perth

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby Arith » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:56 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:wow thats a good deal on a great product but it seems a pity to put such nice tips behind the MY10 bumper

Image

Those exhaust covers are so Toyota Aurion TRD! :? I reckon the average modder would prefer the canons with the standard bumper over that rear bumper garnish upgrade.
Last edited by Arith on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
User avatar
Arith
-stickered-
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 am
Location: Sydney (Wes-Sieed!)
Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6
Real name: Jim

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTB Liberty » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Yea those OEM tips and bumper do nothing for me.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
User avatar
GTB Liberty
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Perth, WA
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby PHAT GT » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:48 am

that lower rear add on is a factory option

very priccccyyyyy!!!!!
Image

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
User avatar
PHAT GT
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTSPECB STI » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 am

I agree on the rear bumper being a hideous add on but according to the owner he had to get the whole kit and not just the front bumper kit. Front looks pretty good I reckon. Subaru dont make it easy.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Perth

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby PHAT GT » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 am

GTSPECB STI wrote:I agree on the rear bumper being a hideous add on but according to the owner he had to get the whole kit and not just the front bumper kit. Front looks pretty good I reckon. Subaru dont make it easy.




thats so SH@T of subaru AUS

all the parts are sold seperat in Japan front ,side or rear
Image

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
User avatar
PHAT GT
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTSPECB STI » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:18 am

yep and they get a 2 ltr turbo engine in Japan as well but fat lot of good that does the Aussies or Yanks
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Perth

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:21 am

GTSPECB STI wrote:yep and they get a 2 ltr turbo engine in Japan as well but fat lot of good that does the Aussies or Yanks


Excuse my ignorance BUT why is the Jap 2l beter than the 2.5l?


Michael,

Is the legalmax quiter than the Silentpower? Is it much more restrictive?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
User avatar
GTB Liberty
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Perth, WA
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTSPECB STI » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:16 pm

higher revs achieved with the 2 ltr and our 2.5 ltr engine has had some issues with ringland of fail historically speaking :lol:
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Perth

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:higher revs achieved with the 2 ltr and our 2.5 ltr engine has had some issues with ringland of fail historically speaking :lol:


Thanks Dave - I often wondered why our mototrs never seemed to be redlined near the 8500 that I've always wanted.

If they were rebuilt internally with some good forged pistons and rings could 9000 be possible? Or am I dreaming again?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
User avatar
GTB Liberty
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Perth, WA
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby PHAT GT » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:32 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:
GTSPECB STI wrote:yep and they get a 2 ltr turbo engine in Japan as well but fat lot of good that does the Aussies or Yanks


Excuse my ignorance BUT why is the Jap 2l beter than the 2.5l?


Michael,

Is the legalmax quiter than the Silentpower? Is it much more restrictive?



the Lagamax has a quiter sound compaired to the silent Hi power

but i would'nt say the Legamax is restrictive, the Legamax mufflers are larger is size (ovel not round) so they have a lot more packing keeping the db down
Image

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
User avatar
PHAT GT
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:37 pm

PHAT GT wrote:
GTB Liberty wrote:
GTSPECB STI wrote:yep and they get a 2 ltr turbo engine in Japan as well but fat lot of good that does the Aussies or Yanks


Excuse my ignorance BUT why is the Jap 2l beter than the 2.5l?


Michael,

Is the legalmax quiter than the Silentpower? Is it much more restrictive?



the Lagamax has a quiter sound compaired to the silent Hi power

but i would'nt say the Legamax is restrictive, the Legamax mufflers are larger is size (ovel not round) so they have a lot more packing keeping the db down


Do they have a set of muffs for the MY08s? If so - stab in the dark how much?

Are they better than your infamous PHAT mufflers?
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
User avatar
GTB Liberty
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Perth, WA
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Re: MY10 HKS CAT BACK

Postby GTSPECB STI » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 pm

GTB Liberty wrote:
Thanks Dave - I often wondered why our mototrs never seemed to be redlined near the 8500 that I've always wanted.

If they were rebuilt internally with some good forged pistons and rings could 9000 be possible? Or am I dreaming again?


is possible but not practical...I would settle for 8000 rpm any day though. Built 2 ltr boxer will take alot more boost as well.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Perth

Next

Return to Garage 88

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest