for sale FRONT LOWER ARM BUSHES

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

Re: EOI:on FRONT LOWER ARM BUSHES

Postby Arith » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Anyone after precision controlled steering should get a set! I had a bad experience in the past where the urethane bushings I had destroyed the ride quality because it was harsh as anything. :angry2: So I was really skeptical coming into this. But Phat being Phat, would never lead me astray. These are solid rubber, which are much less harsh than urethane. Sure enough, ride quality is near the same, but turning the steering wheel gives a more precise feeling. Certainly a lot less sloppy than stock.

I had these installed with the 'anti-lift' option, which reduces the amount of lurching the car does when you accelerate. Made the sharp bumps a bit more felt, the car feels like it's going faster because it's not lurching back and forth! In any case, a highly recommended mod whether your car is for the street or the track. :ok:

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Callum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:29 am

Hi All

I am really keen to get in contact with Phat to buy one of the three remaining sets of bushes.

I've posted here and sent emails to the following email addresses:

faroutgt@hotmail.com
and
forumparts@gmail.com

But I have not had a response from Phat with any contact numbers or bank details. My emails were sent a week ago and Phat has posted here since. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get in contact with him??? :?
Callum

Car: Liberty Spec B

Postby PHAT GT » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 am

Callum wrote:Hi All

I am really keen to get in contact with Phat to buy one of the three remaining sets of bushes.

I've posted here and sent emails to the following email addresses:

faroutgt@hotmail.com
and
forumparts@gmail.com

But I have not had a response from Phat with any contact numbers or bank details. My emails were sent a week ago and Phat has posted here since. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get in contact with him??? :?

Hi Callum

you may want to try and send another email to forumparts@gmail.com as i see no email from you

the last email i got regarding bushes was on the 28th march from another member

Michael

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby Callum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Thanks Phat

I'll send you an email now.

Cheers

Cal
Callum

Postby Callum » Wed May 05, 2010 8:54 am

Hi Michael

Thank you, the bushes have arrived.

Cheers

Cal
Callum

Postby MH3.0R » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 am

Phat GT,

I am interested, more than internsted! I want a set please. I have done the rear sway and now need nore precision for the steering. Last service also indicated they need replacement anyway. Email sent.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

P.S. Given the length of time and number of responses, I would say this is no longer an EOI topic, but a For Sale topic! :D
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MY11 Jaguar XFS 3.0DTT 6AT White Saloon (Prepped for sale)
MY19 Subaru XV 2.0iS the shopping trolley and weekend all terrain cruiser!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12969#p176433

Postby Arith » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:31 pm

You'll love these Mark! Steering feels a bit firmer but because the centre is rubber rather than urethane, it's still comfortable. But steering is much more precise.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Ben » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:36 am

Arith wrote:You'll love these Mark! Steering feels a bit firmer but because the centre is rubber rather than urethane, it's still comfortable. But steering is much more precise.

X2
Visit Sex Shop & Support My Mods.
Ben

Car: 2.0 STi

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:05 pm

x3
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Postby MH3.0R » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm

Phat GT,

Payment and email sent.

Kind Regards,

Mark.
MY15 Jaguar XFR-S 5.0 V8 SC 8AT White Saloon (Stock - nothing more to do with 400+ KW :))
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Postby Callum » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi All

I recently purchased a set of these Front Lower Control Arm Bushes from Phat. I was really excited about having them fitted to my 3.0R (based on this thread), but I have to say that I am more than a little disappointed with the results.

I must state that I am nothing more than an enthusiastic commuter and never take my car on the track. But it seems that since I have had the bushes fitted the steering is a lot lighter and the car feels less sure footed. And that's not why I choose to drive Subarus. Also the road noise with bumps or cats eyes is very aggressive and much louder. The car also sits 10mm higher over the front wheel arch than it does over the rear??? WTF I never noticed this before.

At the same time that I had the bushes fitted I got a new set of tyres (same as previous set) and had a wheel alignment done. The mechanic installed the bushes with the thin one on the bottom and the thicker one on the top. Does anyone know if the mechanic has got this right???

Maybe the alignment has something to do with it???

Total Toe +0.2mm
Ind. Toe -0.1mm -0.1mm
Camber -00.17 -00.87
Caster +05.99 +05.76
KPI (SAI) +14.32 +14.57
Included Angle
+14.15 +13.70

I am hoping to hell that my bad experience with these bushes is a result of them being fitted incorrectly by the mechanic here in Brisbane.

I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has something of value to add as to how these bushes and steering should be set up.

Cheers

Cal
Callum

Postby senator » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Something just doesn't sound right, these bushes have no effect on the vehicle height …..

Try and get under the car and take some pics of the install, the kit you purchased allowed for a number of different configuration pending on what you like.

I think your issues are relating to the an incorrect install and possibly your tyre pressure…..imo

I know of many cars which have had these fitted (including mine) and never heard of such issues
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby smythie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Callum wrote:The car also sits 10mm higher over the front wheel arch than it does over the rear??? WTF I never noticed this before.
If your springs are stock it has always been that way. Just the way Subaru designed the wheel arches (the front needed more clearance for the occasions where you may be at full steering lock and fully compress the front suspension - the rear being at a fixed steering angle doesn't have this clearance requirement). If you look at the sill under the car it will be level with the ground (providing you don't have 50kg in the boot).

Callum wrote:I must state that I am nothing more than an enthusiastic commuter and never take my car on the track. But it seems that since I have had the bushes fitted the steering is a lot lighter and the car feels less sure footed. And that's not why I choose to drive Subarus. Also the road noise with bumps or cats eyes is very aggressive and much louder. <snip>

At the same time that I had the bushes fitted I got a new set of tyres (same as previous set) and had a wheel alignment done. The mechanic installed the bushes with the thin one on the bottom and the thicker one on the top. Does anyone know if the mechanic has got this right???
In the very first post, Phat described the difference you are feeling. See bold lines below
PHAT GT wrote:<snip>
these bushes will increase steering feel,sharpness and give a firmer feel on the road

they also have several large shims so you can adjust anti lift angles to your liking (very easy job)

like many other replacment bushes on the market you will feel a bit more of the road through the steering wheel
<snip>
I'm guessing here but you are coming from a set of old bushes? Were they flogged out? You'll feel a difference (I know I did) between flogged out and replacement OEM bushes. These will increase the difference you feel after installation.

The new tyres may also have a slight effect however since they are the same as before it would be negligible.

Also, I'd suggest that the camber should be evened up between the two front tyres.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby MH3.0R » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Got mine fitted on Tuesday. Took the long way home this afternoon, over Mt Dandenong from Ringwood East and I can certainly feel the sharper turn in response on the steering. Not to the point of oversteer, but definitely more precise. The term "Point and Shoot" comes to mind, where on standard bushes it was more like "Anticipate the corner and point early".

I do notice higher levels of NVH in the cabin, but I will get use to that. The more precise steering did bring a smile to my face about half way up the mountain. :D

Now, I hope the missus doesn't complain about the NVH when she drives the car!
MH3.0R
-stickered-

Postby PHAT GT » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Callum wrote:Hi All

I recently purchased a set of these Front Lower Control Arm Bushes from Phat. I was really excited about having them fitted to my 3.0R (based on this thread), but I have to say that I am more than a little disappointed with the results.

I must state that I am nothing more than an enthusiastic commuter and never take my car on the track. But it seems that since I have had the bushes fitted the steering is a lot lighter and the car feels less sure footed. And that's not why I choose to drive Subarus. Also the road noise with bumps or cats eyes is very aggressive and much louder. The car also sits 10mm higher over the front wheel arch than it does over the rear??? WTF I never noticed this before.

Maybe the alignment has something to do with it???

Total Toe +0.2mm
Ind. Toe -0.1mm -0.1mm
Camber -00.17 -00.87
Caster +05.99 +05.76
KPI (SAI) +14.32 +14.57
Included Angle
+14.15 +13.70

I am hoping to hell that my bad experience with these bushes is a result of them being fitted incorrectly by the mechanic here in Brisbane.

I would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has something of value to add as to how these bushes and steering should be set up.

Cheers

Cal

Hi Cal

i have installed over 30 sets of these in all the range of Liberty's with out one complaint

you mechanic obviously didd'nt read my very simply instructions that i wrote on the pack in black marker

SMALL SHIM ON THE TOP AND THE MIDDLE SIZE ON THE BOTTOM (SO YOU SHOULD HAVE 4 OF THE LARGEST SHIMS LEFT OVER)

as for the light steering you will get that with the largest shim on top with almost no toe

as for the ride height the bush "can not" change the ride hight

the extra road noise was clearly out lined in the first post. As stated these bushes will give LESS road noise that all the other options out there

If your after very little noise you could go to Subaru and have stock bushs fitted at almost 3x the price

New tyres will always ride a bit firmer that worn out tyres

PS; if you had a problem you could have made a simple call to me and i would have helped out over the phone

Regards
Michael

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

PreviousNext

Return to Garage 88