[For Sale] Tein S.Tech Springs/Coilovers (MY04-MY09)

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

[For Sale] Tein S.Tech Springs/Coilovers (MY04-MY09)

Postby Arith » Thu May 14, 2009 12:15 am

Recently Changed To 'For Sale'
"Yet another sale from this clown?" you're thinking to yourself. Yup! I'm a sucker. But technically this is just a third party organised buy and not a group buy, because no matter how many people end up buying, the price remains the same as it's as low as it can get already. Plus there's no deadline or order date. Just order when you want.

Seeing that Phat's done the research and already has Tein customising the S.Tech springs for him, I convinced Phat to do a group buy for them since he's the only one that can get the 'Phat Edition'. :D

There are some who have ordered a set already (I know who you are! :P), but let's give others a chance to get in on the action! So I'm organising a group buy of Tein S.Tech lowering springs to be imported by Phat GT. And for those of you crazy enough in these times of world economic crises, Tein Type Flex coilovers as well!

Specs & Pricing
Just a bit of background on the 'Phat Edition' for those of you not across on another thread. If I remember correctly, Phat ordered the JDM S.Techs for Phil's (MY07GT) car. But the springs just didn't fit right. The front was ended up being like 3 inches higher than the back, causing for a very awkward looking stance. Something about how the JDM shocks and Bilsteins are much different to ours.

Phat had to send them back to Tein in Japan for changes ... twice! Each time he requested changes to be made in order to fit the Australian Liberty. Finally the 3rd iteration from Tein yielded success! So now when Phat orders S.Techs from Japan, they send him the 'Phat Special Edition' S.Techs, which are his customised springs for the Australian Libs. It will have the same catalogue number but have an extension at the end to denote they are the special Phat ones.

In any case, I'm sure Phil or Phat can confirm their 1st hand version of events. The fitment issue was the same for MY04-MY08 GT, GT-B, 3.0R, 3.0R-B, 2.5 NA, and 2.0 NA.

S.Tech Lowering Springs
According to the application list, the S.Techs lower your Liberty 25mm front/25mm rear for the sedan, and 25mm front/30mm rear for the wagon. But the S.Techs I got through Phat seem to sit a bit more than 25mm (could be my imagination), and suits the appearance and ride height much better IMO. They are spring rated at 5.3 front / 7.2 rear. UPDATE - The customised S.Techs are only available for Bilstein equipped Libertys.

There are a lot of Libertys on this forum who have fitted the S.Techs so a simple search or browsing through the 'Post Your Mods' or 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres' section should give you an idea of how the Liberty looks like. Otherwise here are pics of my car with S.Tech's fitted: Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3

Price is $455, shipped anywhere in Australia. This includes air freighted over from Japan, so they will land within 2 weeks.

Type Flex Coilovers
Always the better choice, coilovers provide the flexibility of adjusting your ride height as you need, but still provides a very comfortable ride (as those of you have a set or have rode in a Lib with them). As I normally advise, get coilovers if you are picky about how your car sits. Getting springs only to find out you're not happy and having to acquire another set of springs is a huge time wasting activity. Get coilovers and you will have the ride height you want the first time around. And if you're wanting to adjust it later on, you can do so without having to purchase a new set of springs. The Type Flex are spring rated at 6 front and 6 rear.

Again, a search of the forum should yield some Libertys with the Type Flex. Otherwise here the Type Flex on my car: Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3

Price is $2,680, shipped anywhere in Australia. This includes air freighted over from Japan, so they will land within 2 weeks.

Your Information
Phat can order to fit any Gen IV Liberty, both sedan and wagon. Please PM me with your model year (MY##), engine type (2.0 NA/2.5 NA/3.0 NA/ 2.0t/2.5t), body shape (sedan/wagon), and whether or not you have Bilsteins fitted, as the Billies will effect ride height and have to be adjusted accordingly (and not everyone who has Bilsteins has a Spec-B which is why I didn't ask whether or not it's a Spec-B). For example:

- Name: Arith
- Year: MY07
- Engine: 2.5t
- Body: Sedan
- Bilsteins: Yes

Note - Please be advised due to the poor exchange rate and cost, payment for springs/coilovers must be made in full before ordering can proceed.
Last edited by Arith on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Woodduck » Thu May 14, 2009 12:46 am

Whats the ride like on these Arith (or anybody else who has them)?
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby Arith » Thu May 14, 2009 1:15 am

Woodduck wrote:Whats the ride like on these Arith (or anybody else who has them)?

Carl, which ones are you referring to? The S.Tech springs or the Type Flex coilovers?

The S.Tech's I found to be extremely good. Ride comfort is excellent, even when full of passengers. Ride feels more settled as bounce is reduced. Sharp bumps are a bit more noticeable, but still very tolerable. However the best part is cornering and handling is improved to a good degree. Combine these with sway bars and you'll be taking corners like a madman in no time.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Hotwire » Thu May 14, 2009 8:43 am

Is there a cut-off date for ordering these?

I'd like to pend my interest at the moment, but not commit until I have sorted full funds ;)
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby chugga15 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:57 am

Arith wrote:
Woodduck wrote:Whats the ride like on these Arith (or anybody else who has them)?

Carl, which ones are you referring to? The S.Tech springs or the Type Flex coilovers?

The S.Tech's I found to be extremely good. Ride comfort is excellent, even when full of passengers. Ride feels more settled as bounce is reduced. Sharp bumps are a bit more noticeable, but still very tolerable. However the best part is cornering and handling is improved to a good degree. Combine these with sway bars and you'll be taking corners like a madman in no time.

but that is with the bilstein tubes arith??

how is the stock tubes with the s.techs, compared to billies with the s.techs...
chugga15

Car: my05 gt wagon. golf pirelli mkv

Postby Woodduck » Thu May 14, 2009 10:24 am

Ahh that sounds very good! That was my next question, these work with the exsisting 3.0R spec B setup yeah? Just change the spring...

This is prolli a stupid question, but if i ordered is there anyway i could pay credit card, like paypal or something? On a trainee wage id prefer to be able to pay em off :oops:
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Postby wixy » Thu May 14, 2009 10:43 am

I'm interested. I just want to clarify that if I swapped these for the stock springs in an 05 3.0r-b, ride comfort and handling would not be reduced?

It's probably a noob thought, but I always thought that lowering your car with new springs into stock struts would compromise the above, unless the struts are specifically designed to suit the springs. Hopefully i'm wrong and you can correct me!
wixy

Postby Woodduck » Thu May 14, 2009 11:18 am

Wixy, generally its not a question of IF it will or not...because basically, you lower your car and it will reduce ride quality...its pretty much a matter of HOW MUCH, if you get me. Which is why you would go for a good quality, not ridiculously low spring like these, as apposed to going for something like a set of ultra low $200 king springs :lol: Based on my experience anyway!

Woodduck

Postby TorpedoCreative » Thu May 14, 2009 11:22 am

chugga15 wrote:

how is the stock tubes with the s.techs, compared to billies with the s.techs...

I have the stock tubes, with s-tech springs and now whiteline sways and the combo is really good. The sways reduced the amount of jarring that was more noticeable after the springs were fitted. The ride height IMO is perfect. Chugga, you're in Perth right? you are welcome to take the lib for a spin to see what you think

James
TEAM BLACK: 6MT Liberty GT-B TbSTi (167/300) stock-ish ;)

Torpedo Creative [JAMES]

http://www.torpedo.com.au
TorpedoCreative

Car: 07 GT-B Liberty Tuned by STi

Postby chugga15 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

TorpedoCreative wrote:
chugga15 wrote:

I have the stock tubes, with s-tech springs and now whiteline sways and the combo is really good. The sways reduced the amount of jarring that was more noticeable after the springs were fitted. The ride height IMO is perfect. Chugga, you're in Perth right? you are welcome to take the lib for a spin to see what you think

James

nah in sydney mate.

just getting a bit sick of feeling like my front suspension is going to snap every time i go round a corner!!! need something that helps the stability a little.

you got sways front and rear???
Last edited by chugga15 on Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chugga15

Car: my05 gt wagon. golf pirelli mkv

Postby 04GTLIB » Thu May 14, 2009 11:57 am

PM sent Arith.

Cheers.
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby sinist4 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:47 pm

i like your GB threads jim its always a good read :D, thats what i want when im working and bored!
keke
[Team Diamond Grey]
sinist4

Postby senator » Thu May 14, 2009 1:16 pm

dam you jim.......... :shock: :shock:

what to choose........mmmmmmmmm
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby Digital » Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 pm

damn you indeed, i have no money! those coil overs are sounding good.....

great work and write up jim, sadly i have to wait til i win lotto..
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby TorpedoCreative » Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 pm

chugga15 wrote:you got sways front and rear???

yep both, really finishes it off :)
TEAM BLACK: 6MT Liberty GT-B TbSTi (167/300) stock-ish ;)

Torpedo Creative [JAMES]

http://www.torpedo.com.au
TorpedoCreative

Car: 07 GT-B Liberty Tuned by STi

Next

Return to Garage 88