[For Sale] Tein S.Tech Springs/Coilovers (MY04-MY09)

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

Re: [For Sale] Tein S.Tech Springs/Coilovers (MY04-MY09)

Postby rich » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:56 pm

just mt 2 cents worth but i dont think the front struts on 08 sti are different from gtb its the same part no (i just had 2 replace one off mine f%%#@&) i think its the rears
that are different from spec b will find out tommorow if fronts are the same. I can tell you that the phat spec teins drop the rear off the 08 sti a lot further than 25 mm.Still drives brilliant and phats tweak and advice worked very well on the front end .
rich

Car: 08 liberty gtb tbsti

Postby senator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:59 am

rich wrote:just mt 2 cents worth but i dont think the front struts on 08 sti are different from gtb its the same part no (i just had 2 replace one off mine f%%#@&) i think its the rears
that are different from spec b will find out tommorow if fronts are the same. I can tell you that the phat spec teins drop the rear off the 08 sti a lot further than 25 mm.Still drives brilliant and phats tweak and advice worked very well on the front end .

come to think of it, but i only rear seeing the STI logo on the rears
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby jdm rsk » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

senator wrote:
rich wrote:just mt 2 cents worth but i dont think the front struts on 08 sti are different from gtb its the same part no (i just had 2 replace one off mine f%%#@&) i think its the rears

come to think of it, but i only rear seeing the STI logo on the rears

Nice engrish tony
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby Arith » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 am

jdm rsk wrote:
senator wrote:come to think of it, but i only rear seeing the STI logo on the rears

Nice engrish tony

Aw come on, cut him some slack Shane. English is his secondary language. I think Pidgin English is his primary.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby rich » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Mine had the sti stickers front and rear but we fitted replacement strut today and the only difference was the new one didnt have the sti sticker, the car sat exactly the same height left 2 right and drove like a slot car so i still think its the rears that are different in some way? So Subaru say my car is lowered only 5mm from gtb height on pinks and now on PHAT teins im 15mm lower at the front (with PHAT custom adjustment) and 35mm lower at the rear.This is not allowing for settling and the measurements are from guard to centre cap. Im not sure how or why but my car now sits perfectly level from ground to top of sill.So sorry to waffle on but i thought its info any 08 sti owner might want if considering this mod.Having said that im pretty stoked with the results and want 2 thank Michael for his advice and support througout this job he didnt have to give me the time of day but he did and im very appreciative.
rich

Car: 08 liberty gtb tbsti

Postby senator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Arith wrote:
jdm rsk wrote:
senator wrote:come to think of it, but i only rear seeing the STI logo on the rears

Nice engrish tony

Aw come on, cut him some slack Shane. English is his secondary language. I think Pidgin English is his primary.

fark i have no idea what the hell i was on about..................... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rich good to hear things worked out for you.......
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby Arith » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 am

rich wrote:want 2 thank Michael for his advice and support througout this job he didnt have to give me the time of day but he did and im very appreciative.

Phat's the only seller I know who goes above and beyond for pre AND post-sales support.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby Murch » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Sooooo.....any news on another option for the non bilstein Libs, since these springs are only being supplied for bilstein models.

:?:
Murch

Postby Arith » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Murch wrote:Sooooo.....any news on another option for the non bilstein Libs, since these springs are only being supplied for bilstein models.

Best just to contact Phat GT directly at forumparts@gmail.com. Tell him your year model and specs, and he should be able to make a few recommendations. Many many brands out there.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby Murch » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:22 am

Arith wrote:
Murch wrote:Sooooo.....any news on another option for the non bilstein Libs, since these springs are only being supplied for bilstein models.

Best just to contact Phat GT directly at forumparts@gmail.com. Tell him your year model and specs, and he should be able to make a few recommendations. Many many brands out there.

Thanks. I sent him a PM a few days ago. No reply. Yet.
Murch

Postby teK-- » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:43 am

Eibachs work well with stock dampers, mild lowering, progressive springs which aren't too firm and match well with stock rates.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby smythie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:41 am

Murch wrote:
Arith wrote:

Thanks. I sent him a PM a few days ago. No reply. Yet.
Email is the best option.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby Murch » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:41 pm

teK-- wrote:

Eibachs work well with stock dampers, mild lowering, progressive springs which aren't too firm and match well with stock rates.

Thanks teK. I am after just a little more than mild lowering - a 2cm gap between guard and tyre would be nice. Can anyone give an idea of drop on non bilstein for different springs? (and yes, I have done a lot of searches and read numerous posts....there are not a lot of pics with different springs on "non bilstein setups - especially running 18's)

I'm now considering BC or pedders coils (and again.....yes I have read most people reviews on these springs....search is my friend :)
Murch

Postby teK-- » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:21 pm

There are really a lot of variables. Tyre diameter, strut spring perch height, spring model/brand, what engine/transmission/trim combination you have, which will ultimately determine how your arch height ends up. If you have a specific goal of ride height then get coilovers.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Arith » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:31 am

Plus if you're wanting to go more than mild, coilovers is the way to go, especially if you're planning to pair super low springs to stock dampers.

Arith
-stickered-

PreviousNext

Return to Garage 88