[EOI] Phat Performance Products - MY04-MY06 Dump Pipes

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

Re: [EOI] Phat Performance Products - MY04-MY06 Dump Pipes

Postby Arith » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Where were all you guys months ago? :D When Phat put out the call for interest in this, only 2 people put their hand up. Unfortunately not enough numbers because when he puts a batch through production it's got to be at least 6-8 minimum in order for it to be worthwhile making. Otherwise he'll be making it at a loss. Because he had a test car all lined up with the flange and piping all ready to go. The dump was to be modeled after the HKS one, so it would have been pretty darn awesome. :D

Anyway, he's in Japan at the moment so probably won't be replying to any emails or PM's for 10 days. Once he gets back, let's see if there's enough interest to get things going again.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby VIC GT » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Arith wrote:Once he gets back, let's see if there's enough interest to get things going again.

Hey mate,

That would be awesome!

Come on guys let's get this going:D

Thanks Arith, would also love to get the rest(center, y and quads)
VIC GT

Car: 04 MY 05 Liberty GT

Postby AndrewCowley » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 pm

+1

I might be interested.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby Arith » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:I might be interested.

Don't take this the wrong way, and I'm talking to everyone here, but please don't post 'maybe interested's. :P Either you're in or you're out. A yes or no, with a deposit to confirm when the time comes. Because unfortunately this is exactly what happened last time. A LOT of people said they were interested or might be interested, depending on bla bla bla. But when it came time to firm the numbers and put a deposit down, there were only x2 takers.

In any case, we're probably talking about a cost of $950 - $1,100, and most likely a production time of 3-6 weeks. A new thread will probably be started and if you're person who has the money and can wait, then register your serious interest in that new thread.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby Q » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:33 am

Is he going to produce one and then tune to show results before us buying?
Q

Postby GTB Liberty » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 am

Arith wrote:
AndrewCowley wrote:I might be interested.

Don't take this the wrong way, and I'm talking to everyone here, but please don't post 'maybe interested's. :P Either you're in or you're out. A yes or no, with a deposit to confirm when the time comes. Because unfortunately this is exactly what happened last time. A LOT of people said they were interested or might be interested, depending on bla bla bla. But when it came time to firm the numbers and put a deposit down, there were only x2 takers.

In any case, we're probably talking about a cost of $950 - $1,100, and most likely a production time of 3-6 weeks. A new thread will probably be started and if you're person who has the money and can wait, then register your serious interest in that new thread.

That's good advice to all that want to purchase from PHAT.

Q wrote:Is he going to produce one and then tune to show results before us buying?

Search is your friend.

Been done - the first one that comes to mind is American Dave's thread although that is a 2008 model though.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=969&hilit=american+dave&start=60#p91140
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby Q » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 am

Search is your friend.

Been done - the first one that comes to mind is American Dave's thread although that is a 2008 model though.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=969&hilit=american+dave&start=60#p91140

As you say that is for a 2008 model so not relevant really.

The original thread viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3277 didn't eventuate......

Has there been any dump pipes made by phat for the MY04 on cars?
Q

Postby Arith » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Q wrote:Is he going to produce one and then tune to show results before us buying?

Err, no. Tune results will vary for each car and each dyno. No point really. Any dump pipe that is not the factory will yield results no matter what.

Has there been any dump pipes made by phat for the MY04 on cars?

No. Like I said, a group buy was attempted before but failed due to low interest/numbers. The reason why the MY07+ dump pipe had great importance was there was no company that made MY07+ dump pipes that could fit the AUD version. Whereas MY04-MY06 had JDM ones you could fit.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby senator » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 pm

I think all the guys interested need to start putting the money where their mouth is …. So too speak.

If it doesn't go ahead, refund will happen.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby sundayDriver » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:17 pm

For any performance part, it'll be hard to concretely quantify the gain you'll get. I don't know what the stock 04 dump pipe looks like, but when you see the difference for the 07 model, there's no doubt that the stock one is cr@p.

I got mine for better spool/response, not for outright kilowatts. And it was instantly obvious there was a benefit (even without a tune).
It's the fastest who gets paid, it's the fastest who gets laid.
sundayDriver

Postby YamYam » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 pm

MY05 Black GT Wagon with booster (seat that is)
YamYam

Car: 05 GT Wagon

Postby 06 blitzen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 pm

what about one for the h6?!?!
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
06 blitzen

Car: 06 blitzen

Postby GTB Liberty » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm

06 blitzen wrote:what about one for the h6?!?!

Ummmm - could you show me in a Subaru manual where the dump pipe on a H6 is :?:
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B Manual SEDAN | TEAM White | Verso tuned @ ASG 240 Hp & 372 Nm hub dyno| STi | BBK M turbo | GriMspeed | Brembo | Valentine V1 | ECUdatascan | PROVA | HKS | Zero Sports | Phat Performance Parts | ACME | Whiteline | Enkei | Dixcel | Cusco
" . . . and on the 8th day God made Subaru . . . on the 9th supposedly the V8 . . . and on the 10th turbo lag so the V8s would think they had a chance "
GTB Liberty

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=5714

Postby jdm rsk » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:13 pm

06 blitzen wrote:what about one for the h6?!?!

You need headers not a dump pipe
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Postby 06 blitzen » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 pm

haha well there's my stupidity getting itself posted on the net again.....i assumed that they were one and the same dump pipes and headers...thats enough thread whoring from me then!
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
06 blitzen

Car: 06 blitzen

PreviousNext

Return to Garage 88