[CLOSED] Phat Performance Products - Quad Tip Mufflers

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

Postby Arith » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 pm

cpitts wrote:Anyway, not wanting to turn this into what happened with the dump pipe thing.

LOL! :happy: I'm sure anyone still impatiently waiting on a dump pipe from Phat has you to thank for that. :bye:

smythie wrote:We really should have taken a clip from inside the car

Heh-heh. Sorry, that's been tried before, and it is extremely difficult to determine loudness. The mic on the camera is not sensitive enough to pick up the deep tone of the cabin. Plus unless we had sound sensors setup to record levels at the corners, environmental/cabin audio levels are very hard to determine accurately via a video recording.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby blacknwhite » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Well as you know I have got Hitechs with 3inch centre and the Phat dump which many will have heard and know they sound great and was very happy with. So I thought I would try the Phat prototype and see if any difference. I took vids with Hitechs and then with the prototype, which Jim will post soon
The sound both in the cabin and from outside is quieter by a small but definately noticable amount,
is definately lower tone
and personally think a bit more responsive on the seat of the pants dyno
So much so that I wish to sell my Hitechs now :lol: so for those interested....
Pete
GT spec B MY07
Black/White interior
blacknwhite
-stickered-

Postby Arith » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Great feedback, Pete! After comparing the two mufflers side by side (or hole by hole I should say), the HiTechs would have been your only bottleneck considering you have a dump pipe and 3" system all the way back.

blacknwhite wrote:So much so that I wish to sell my Hitechs now so for those interested....

How much? Are the mufflers in a sale-able condition? You could try contacting the 3 people remaining on the HiTech group buy to see if any of them are interested. I'm sure they wouldn't mind HiTechs at a discounted price.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby blacknwhite » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Yes Jim posted in the hitech group buy post already as could not post in for sale section and knowing that time is an issue regarding Hitech order. went ahead
The Hitechs are in top condition and done about 4k asking 600 plus shipping
GT spec B MY07
Black/White interior
blacknwhite
-stickered-

Postby SMI77 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

the pitts wrote:
Anyway, not wanting to turn this into what happened with the dump pipe thing.

Arith wrote:
LOL! I'm sure anyone still impatiently waiting on a dump pipe from Phat has you to thank for that.

Thanks for nothing, which is exactly what I have after some months!!!

Earth calling Phatman, p-l-e-a-s-e come back... ... (preferably with at least 1 DP)
*** Team WAGON *** Team TONY *** Team WAGON *** Team SILVER *** Team WAGON *** Team 08 B4S *** Team WAGON *** Team VF52 *** Team WAGON ***
SMI77
-stickered-

Car: 08 GTB tbSTi 6mt silver wagon

Postby adam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 pm

cpitts wrote:I find it a little humorous that Phat isn't on here selling them tho. Why's that?

because he probably doesn't like getting smartarse comments from plonkers like you craig... but it seems, even keeping a lower profile as he has since "the dump pipe thing" that has proven hard.
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby dwayne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Arith wrote:
smythie wrote:In short, consider Phat to have a similar role for this sale to that Lambros has for the HiTech sale

Thanks for that, Tony. Heh-he, as Tony said, like the GB for HiTech, I am merely organising a group buy for this from Phat. Phat's not selling mufflers to forum members directly at this time. :D

In that case Jim, can you ask Phat if he'll indirectly sell me a dump pipe ?

I understand how he feels about certain issues on the forums here, but he's still got a captive audience and potentially some of those people might end up being dissappointed at not being able to get his products (myself included, obviously)

I know he does it for the love of the cars, but lets face it, these forums have been pretty good to him (and vice-versa, he's helped shedloads of people here for free), and hopefully he can see past the few issues that have caused him anxiety and return to making sales here, or at least a website we can go to to access his products.

if he's not interested in "indirectly" selling me a dump pipe, would it make a difference if I got in on this group buy too ? :)

Hmm, I could get the whole exhaust from him if he does centre pieces.. (that's all I'd need, yeah ? :oops: I'm *not* a mechanic)

Thanks

Dwayne

Car: MY07 OBP 6MT GTBSTi

Re: EOI - Phat Performance Quad Tips (Group Buy)

Postby dwayne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Arith wrote:Phat Performance Quad Tip Mufflers

Summary
The main reason why this muffler came into existance is to provide an alternative to the HiTech quad tips, which are extremely popular. However, in order to qualify them to be street legal, they are also quite restrictive and as of recently, has had QA issues with construction and fitment. So comparisons here on in will be between HiTech vs Phat Performance.

Hi Jim - can you clarify the above sentence (in italics) ? I take it you're saying the HiTech quads are restrictive and have had QA issues, yeah ? It's a little ambiguous.

Cheers

Dwayne

Car: MY07 OBP 6MT GTBSTi

Postby Arith » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:20 am

PM sent!

Arith
-stickered-

Postby MY07GT » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:01 am

People wanting a Phat DP or other exhaust bits pm me. I will try and convince Phat to do a special run of these. No promises and no guarantees.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby hks180 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:45 am

Saw the muffler at phat's last night ... great muffler .. it's a product where someone put plenty of thought into it !!! i can't wait phat cut one of the hi-tech in half so people can see the difference

And was lucky enough to take Pete's car for a LONG drive HAHA it sound very nice .. i think it's lot deeper down low compare to Hi-tech ... but not loud .. personally i love it ...

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby swingn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:04 am

hks180 wrote:Saw the muffler at phat's last night ... great muffler .. it's a product where someone put plenty of thought into it !!! i can't wait phat cut one of the hi-tech in half so people can see the difference

And was lucky enough to take Pete's car for a LONG drive HAHA it sound very nice .. i think it's lot deeper down low compare to Hi-tech ... but not loud .. personally i love it ...

Leo

Leo, do I sense a change from the N1's coming on? :wink:
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby hks180 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:33 am

swingn wrote:
hks180 wrote:Saw the muffler at phat's last night ... great muffler .. it's a product where someone put plenty of thought into it !!! i can't wait phat cut one of the hi-tech in half so people can see the difference

Leo

Leo, do I sense a change from the N1's coming on? :wink:

NO WAY !!! as N1 is the best of the best !! and u know that !! hahaha !!

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby Subie Boy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm in as well!! Can't wait to get this hahahaha.....counting down the days!
MY11 MERCEDES E350 COUPE AVANTGARDE
MY12 MASERATI GRAN TURISMO SPORT
MY98 BMW 850ci
Subie Boy

Postby TorpedoCreative » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:25 pm

MY07GT wrote:People wanting a Phat DP or other exhaust bits pm me. I will try and convince Phat to do a special run of these. No promises and no guarantees.

Phil.

PM sent :lol:
TEAM BLACK: 6MT Liberty GT-B TbSTi (167/300) stock-ish ;)

Torpedo Creative [JAMES]

http://www.torpedo.com.au
TorpedoCreative

Car: 07 GT-B Liberty Tuned by STi

PreviousNext

Return to Garage 88