07-08 DUMP PIPES

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

Postby CheesyMong » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:51 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:keen to hear how you go with this. I am going the reverse route and getting the lib tuned in stock mode first tonight! My Phat Dump Pipe is going on once it arrives and re-tuned to suit.

Who's doing the tune?
CheesyMong

Car: MY07 Liberty GT-B 6MT

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:12 pm

CheesyMong wrote:
GTSPECB STI wrote:keen to hear how you go with this. I am going the reverse route and getting the lib tuned in stock mode first tonight! My Phat Dump Pipe is going on once it arrives and re-tuned to suit.

Who's doing the tune?

I will be able to reveal more details later in the week I promise but they are well known in the local suby tuning scene here in Perth. :D
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby fatfrog02 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:57 pm

fatfrog02 wrote:Doing an ECU reset right now. Will see how it goes in the next few days. Was actually going better today when I went out to get some petrol before. Hoping the ECU learns a little bit more.

Post ECU reset. Just went for a quick drive down to the shops. WOW is all I can say. The car feels pretty different. Very responsive when you plant your foot. Spools from 3000 rpm, pulls really hard by 4000 rpm. Does not let up till 6500 rpm redline. Didn't really want to find out how far I could rev it too, but it will go past the 6500 red line now, not sure by how much. Very impressed with the Phat DP. Definitely worth the coin, and a very very impressive mod.
fatfrog02

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:22 pm

great news mate, I am hanging out for mine to arrive. I take it you aren't getting any CEL flashes either?
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby fatfrog02 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:00 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:great news mate, I am hanging out for mine to arrive. I take it you aren't getting any CEL flashes either?

No mate. No engine warning lights what so ever. Not going to get a tune for a while either.

You are definitely going to be very happy when you get the DP on. If you have a tune as well, the difference is going to be pretty significant.
fatfrog02

Postby Boxer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:33 pm

fatfrog02 wrote:
GTSPECB STI wrote:great news mate, I am hanging out for mine to arrive. I take it you aren't getting any CEL flashes either?

No mate. No engine warning lights what so ever. Not going to get a tune for a while either.

You are definitely going to be very happy when you get the DP on. If you have a tune as well, the difference is going to be pretty significant.

TBSTI or standard GTB?

Interesting to put it on the rollers and see whats going on!
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby Arith » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:52 pm

Boxer wrote:TBSTI or standard GTB?

Both! Phat's DP has fitted on enough GT, GTB and STi's to know it makes a big difference from stock. Again, not about the numbers gain (although there are some gains). The DP helps the turbo to spool and come online quicker making it a much more driveable experience.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby Boxer » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Arith wrote:
Boxer wrote:TBSTI or standard GTB?

Both! Phat's DP has fitted on enough GT, GTB and STi's to know it makes a big difference from stock. Again, not about the numbers gain (although there are some gains). The DP helps the turbo to spool and come online quicker making it a much more driveable experience.

Yeah I meant what does fatfrog own? Interested to see how much improvement from the stock TBSTI without tune or piggyback and how safe
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby fatfrog02 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:03 pm

I have a car like your minus the "tuned by STI"
fatfrog02

Postby Arith » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Ahh, sorry, Boxer. Fatfrog owns a Spec B Wagon (met him over the weekend getting his DP installed). But the DP makes a noticeable improvement no matter what setup you have. Stock. Not stock. GTB. STi.

But I'm hoping that people like Phil (MY07GT) who ran the DP for 2 years with no tune didn't have any issues, Matt (swingn) has been been on a DP with no tune or boost controller for a few weeks now and no issues, Pete (blacknwhite) has had the DP with catback exhaust with no tune or boost controller and no problems for weeks now, should make it a relatively safe mod.
Last edited by Arith on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby PHAT GT » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:08 pm

to ease you mine a little (NOT A SALES PITCH)

i have done 2 STI's one 07 and one 08 and to be honest there both the same cars with only cosmetic changes

the 07 STI runs the below without any ecu aids

my dump pipe
GT 3071R with 3" intake front housing a HKS rear housing T28 flange all mounted in the factory position (rated around the 500+ hp mark)
blitz carbon intake (modified)
custom full 3" silcon intake pipe (from filter to turbo)
up pipe (custom)
front mount (custom)
full exhaust 3" (custom)
HKS boost control 16.4psi
HKS twin spark
HKS super plugs
oil breather system (custom)
+ a few more miner bolt ons (still in testing)

and yes all on the factory ECU which has not been touched or are there any MIL lights on

car has been on the dyno a few time for testing and after all those mods still runs 100% safe and still reads a richness of 10.4 A/F at mid to high RPM

the car at this level makes a tad over 180kwATW but will see 250+kw once injectors are installed and car is tuned and still go the distance

might add the car still looks 98% stock under the bonnet

the 07 GTB

no ECU has been touched with no MIL lights showing

my dump pipe
full 3" exhaust
450hp turbo (custom) all mounted in the stock postion
up pipe (custom)
front mount (custom)
HKS boost control 16psi
oil breather system (custom)
Full 3" silcon intake (from filter to turbo) (custom)

cars making around 160-170kw ATW and still looks stock under the hood

and let me tell you this car gets a flogging every single day with out fail

tune to come soon than will see over 200

i could go on but not all owners which me to post info about there love incase there better halfs have a peek in here :shock: :evil:

PS: dont get me wrong at this stage of moding there has been a few hurdles (no cost hurdles only time nuting it out) along the way but all have been sorted with out even looking at the ECU

PPS: no Libertys where harmed in the making of this post :D

Michael
Last edited by PHAT GT on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS , THEY JUST DO THINGS DIFFERENT
PHAT GT

Postby EJ25 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:18 pm

PHAT GT wrote:and let me tell you this car gets a flogging every single day with out fail

i think i can guess the owner of this car. :D i could be wrong though
EJ25

Postby Arith » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 pm

The spikey haired creature with the lead foot has no problems being a representative of the Phat man.

Arith
-stickered-

Postby MY07GT » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am

EJ25 wrote:
PHAT GT wrote:and let me tell you this car gets a flogging every single day with out fail

i think i can guess the owner of this car. :D i could be wrong though

Its not everyday. Its only when im late for work.

Yeah no secrets here. Im a spirited driver. I didnt buy it to be a show pony otherwhise i wouldnt need the GT to do so.

Yes Thanks again to the PHAT! I want a longer list than that now. Oh yeah i got a dyno sheet of my car with HKS panel filter, PHAT DP with custom 3" piping all the way through and HKS EVC set at 16psi if anyone wants to see.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby MY07GT » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:46 am

Arith wrote:The spikey haired creature with the lead foot has no problems being a representative of the Phat man.

Haha sounds like you are describing yourself here Jim! LOL!

You've got a long shopping list of parts. we should put it down the side of your doors and give it the FnF look (except we'll be using all four doors).

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

PreviousNext

Return to Garage 88