ARC scoop

The new business name for PHAT GT
Forum rules
If you would like to make an order, have a question, or just need some advice, please contact Garage 88 by email shown below, rather than PM or asking in a topic.

sales@garage88.com.au

Postby cpitts » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:27 pm

PHAT GT wrote:Dave its no that i never got any in i just declined to recieve the last batch due to the bad dollar

Out of interest, what would the 'corrected' price have been if you had to adjust the price up to take the impact of the $$ movement?

The new price may well have been acceptable!
cpitts

Postby Resonate » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:07 pm

cpitts wrote:
PHAT GT wrote:Dave its no that i never got any in i just declined to recieve the last batch due to the bad dollar

Out of interest, what would the 'corrected' price have been if you had to adjust the price up to take the impact of the $$ movement?

The new price may well have been acceptable!

For a general reference, Japan Parts has it for 24,000 yen, which at current rates equal to 368.44 AUD + shipping. Back in the old days when the rate was at 114 yen per dollar, the price was around $220. So the extra $140+ for a scoop is quite a hike in price. :wink:
Resonate

Car: MY07 GT-B (Diamond Grey)

Postby libsti » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:01 pm

i import a bit of stuff from china,when the dollar was at 94 US and dropped around the 66 cent mark where it is now represents a 44%increase.

how can you charge someone 44% more,but thats the facts now i dont think you will see 94 again for a long time so we need to expect to pay more for our mods.
libsti

Postby moggy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Last week I ordered a wide angle lens for a Nikon camera only to be told a few days later that the price had now gone up by $350 and delivery not expected until early next year. Needless to say I cancelled the order. It's the same with anything that's imported, if you can source local stock that's pre-dollar slump then you grab it. :wink:

8) Bob.
When I give an opinion you have to ask yourself...what the hell does he know about anything!

I started out with nothing....and I've still got most of it left.....

MY07 Liberty GT spec B 6MT Sedan;
P3 Dump|Fujitsubo Legalis R|Whiteline|Enkeis|HKS EVC|Dixcel|Blitz|Greddy|Pink Bits|Brembos|178.6 kw ATW|
moggy

Car: MY07 Lib GTB 6MT

Postby cpitts » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:20 pm

And for these reasons, local manufacturing will kick off again and start producing. Internal production will now become cost viable.
cpitts

Postby GTSPECB STI » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 am

PHAT GT wrote:
GTSPECB STI wrote:
GTSPECB STI wrote:Phat's has a few coming in next week. I ordered one and am from Perth so PM and maybe we can reduce the freight cost.
cheers Dave

Ok it turns out Phats never actually got any of these scoops despite telling me he had 4 coming in first week of Oct. I sent him the money and then waited and waited only to have him advise me this week that he could not supply, NOT HAPPY needless to say. I am now stuck with either ordering from Japanparts for twice the price because the exchange rate has deteriorated so badly or find someone here who bought one but never installed.

Does anybody have one they want to sell?

Dave its no that i never got any in i just declined to recieve the last batch due to the bad dollar

and as i told you at the time of ordering ARC had no stock and when they did it the dollar market had fallen over way to much to cover the losses

and as i told you over the phone i was more that happy to refund your $$$ and had done so

up untill the no i have delivered 100% of all parts ordered so i have nothing to be worried about as iv always done the right thing

i have never cheated or hidden from any member on this forum unlike past venders and the only one to give out FREE assistance and fitting and pleanty of my time at NO COST

all i can say is sorry about your scoop but im not going to loses any more $$$ than i have to at this stage

Michael

I hear what your saying but my PM's from don't reflect that Phat's. You quoted me a price and delivery based on the scoop being on order and coming in on the first week of October. I sent you the $ on Sept 24. I continually chased this up with you every week after this but I never heard or read you say to me that you had cancelled the order for them. I had to chase you up once again on Friday. You may think you were doing the right thing but in my mind you should have told me you no longer had the scoops on order back in early Oct not early Nov.
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby mattson » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 pm

interested in one of these items if they are still available?

Matt
mattson

Re: ARC scoop

Postby GTurbo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:55 am

Bump...

Are these air scoops still available?
MY04 Liberty GT Auto White Wagon Goodness.
GTurbo

Car: MY04 Liberty GT Auto

Previous

Return to Garage 88