Mishimoto TMIC for Liberty

Re: Mishimoto TMIC for Liberty

Postby Shaheenis » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:21 pm

No. I didn't say anything about a PW or AVO for that matter :shock:. To sum it up myself, I am defending that an upgraded TMIC is a great option for most people with stock turbos like me and even a bit bigger and that introduced lag and pressure drop are negligible along with silicon curves as you mentioned.

I plan on having 'S' tuned with 15psi and 'S#' tuned with 18psi so the VF52 will get to party once in a while so should be worth the upgrade ;).

BTW I have just ordered one of these with pre-turbo pipe and MAF pipe. Can't wait :twisted:.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby Shaheenis » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Have been meaning to do this for a while. Before Christmas I bought myself a Mishimoto TMIC and PSR Silicon intake kit to go with my VF52 Turbo upgrade.

The Mishimoto TMIC is top quality as you would expect and clearly bigger and more robust than the factory cooler. The Mishimoto TB hose that comes with it is excellent quality and a worthy item to replace the factory unit. Fitment was fairly straight forward but I will post some tips in below thread. I am still to get the car tuned properly but more info and updates as I go will be found at the following thread for those interested:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28597

As I received it, very well packaged.

Pictures of it fitted.

Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby shav » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Wow Tim. Great job. The unit almost looks stock. Did you notice any difference in performance out the box?
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Shaheenis » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Shav the car is basically de-tuned at the moment plus I have upgraded turbo at the same time. All I can tell you is the car pulls a lot harder to redline now but a lot of this will have to do with the turbo. I have faith that the Mishimoto is doing its job and will help me get the most out of my VF52 :).
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby shav » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Shaheenis wrote:Shav the car is basically de-tuned at the moment plus I have upgraded turbo at the same time. All I can tell you is the car pulls a lot harder to redline now but a lot of this will have to do with the turbo. I have faith that the Mishimoto is doing its job and will help me get the most out of my VF52 :).

Thanks Tim. Understandable. I guess a before and after dyno result will tell the main differences.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Tien GtB25 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Loving what I'm reading .... Drooling drooling.
For the guys that have this installed... How much extra did u have to pay extra for insurance per year ...Shannons insurance are all over the place ... Depends on who u got talking on the phone... I was quoted that an additional $100 per year increase if mod like this.
Tien GtB25

Car: MY08 Blk GTB 2.5
Profile URL: Definition of AWD - The ability to do burnout..front and back !

Postby HardwareBoB » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:22 am

No extra with AAMI.
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby shav » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:58 am

Tien GtB25 wrote:Loving what I'm reading .... Drooling drooling.
For the guys that have this installed... How much extra did u have to pay extra for insurance per year ...Shannons insurance are all over the place ... Depends on who u got talking on the phone... I was quoted that an additional $100 per year increase if mod like this.

Im with Shannons too, but that price increase in insane for a bigger TMIC. If I get quoted that when I get mine done, I'm going elsewhere.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Tien GtB25 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:15 pm

I spoke to this fool from Shannon and he was going to add $100 I have to pay extra for the dump pipe if/when install... crack the shitz and hang up.
5 mins later call back and spoke to "Dean"... and next thing you know my agreed value increased with no extra charges and DP will NOT cost anything extra either.
Good luck to you all dealing with these fools.

Tien.
Tien GtB25

Postby shav » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:35 am

Tien GtB25 wrote:I spoke to this fool from Shannon and he was going to add $100 I have to pay extra for the dump pipe if/when install... crack the shitz and hang up.
5 mins later call back and spoke to "Dean"... and next thing you know my agreed value increased with no extra charges and DP will NOT cost anything extra either.
Good luck to you all dealing with these fools.

Tien.

I may have to resort to the same tactics if they try to sting me. It's stupid them increasing premiums for something you already had.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Shaheenis » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 am

The insurance company is not going to know if you have a Mishimoto TMIC on with engine cover or an aftermarket OEM turbo for that matter. A calculated risk not declaring but you won't get the replacement cost of item covered if you do not declare.

I insured my MY92 Legacy GT with Shannons, highly modified with custom engine, FMIC, turbo, injectors, exhaust, suspension, brakes, gearbox all had been changed. With agreed value it was costing me less than $800 per annum.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby Tien GtB25 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Shaheenis wrote:The insurance company is not going to know if you have a Mishimoto TMIC on with engine cover or an aftermarket OEM turbo for that matter. A calculated risk not declaring but you won't get the replacement cost of item covered if you do not declare.

I insured my MY92 Legacy GT with Shannons, highly modified with custom engine, FMIC, turbo, injectors, exhaust, suspension, brakes, gearbox all had been changed. With agreed value it was costing me less than $800 per annum.

You sir are blessed living in a "low risk" area classification.....Im in Melb SE not so nice area where premium are high. Forget about lock up garage and all that ... they still will sting you.
Im 43 with no loss of licence apart from the odd demerit point lost 3-4 yrs ago and i'm paying close to 1K per year.

Regarding that IF an accident occur and they do inspect your car for assessing of claim.... do u want to chance it that they will not pay you as you did not declare your mods ?.. not me ... cant win disputing the claim either unless you have a panel of layers at your disposal. Insurance companies will use every tactics they know to avoid paying you out.

Tien
Tien GtB25

Postby shav » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:28 am

Not that I want to derail this thread from being on topic, but unless the insurance co can prove that the bigger TMIC was the cause of any accident, I think you will be fine. That is the terminology used towards me from Shannons.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby tom_kauf » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Bought one of these (without BOV) :D
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby Shaheenis » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:09 pm

tom_kauf wrote:Bought one of these (without BOV) :D

Nice work Tom, you won't be disappointed. If you plan on installing it yourself let me know when you do it, I will give you some tips. Also give Matt a heads up so he can update your tune to make the most of it.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

PreviousNext

Return to PRO-Speed Racing