Mishimoto TMIC for Liberty

Re: Mishimoto TMIC for Liberty

Postby tom_kauf » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:00 am

EDIT: lol, Matt beat me to it. But yeah, I was going to agree. Although I don't have the strut brace, there's no change to the engine cover height, and there's enough of a gap between the two. Just going off eg this picture.

But you do lose the 2 rear engine cover clip points. I'm still planning to get a good welder to put some on at some stage.

[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Postby Willc » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:39 am

Sweet I was worried before I was going to fit it. :) it just arrived yesterday in the mail from pro speed racing :)
Willc

Car: Subaru Liberty B4

Postby tom_kauf » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 am

You may have to remove the strut bar, because even for me space was initially tight against the firewall until it dropped down into position.
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Postby shav » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:38 am

Sounds like good news to me guys. Keen to hear your reports on the unit post tune
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Shaheenis » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:47 pm

tom_kauf wrote:But you do lose the 2 rear engine cover clip points. I'm still planning to get a good welder to put some on at some stage.

I honestly wouldn't bother, it serves no purpose. With the bonnet closed the cover can't move anyway.

Shav, since my last re-tune on the road with Matt, I am very happy with the amount of power and power delivery although I have no idea what dyno would say. How much of this can be accounted to the TMIC versus the turbo I am not sure but I would say 25% of my overall gain at a guess. Went for a cruise on the weekend and pushed the car pretty hard and it delivered.
Shaheenis
A few sensible mods and tuned by Matt (Kido).
Link to Member Profile
Link to photos of both wagons and intro page
Shaheenis

Car: Pearl White MY07 GTB Wagon 6MT

Postby shav » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:33 pm

Shaheenis wrote:
tom_kauf wrote:But you do lose the 2 rear engine cover clip points. I'm still planning to get a good welder to put some on at some stage.

I honestly wouldn't bother, it serves no purpose. With the bonnet closed the cover can't move anyway.

Shav, since my last re-tune on the road with Matt, I am very happy with the amount of power and power delivery although I have no idea what dyno would say. How much of this can be accounted to the TMIC versus the turbo I am not sure but I would say 25% of my overall gain at a guess. Went for a cruise on the weekend and pushed the car pretty hard and it delivered.

Thats got to be a positive Tim. If you can feel the difference in the seat, that is all that matters in my opinion. Although a dyno print out would certainly assist in confirming your thoughts.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby GONEWALKABOUT » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:40 pm

Shaheenis wrote:

Dont forget that you will also be able to push harder for longer more than just out-right power.
GONEWALKABOUT

Postby tom_kauf » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:47 pm

The engine cover brackets stop the cover sitting directly on the TMIC and melting it. Mine melted quite a bit on the Mishimoto in the first week of use. I've had it removed since and will fit a new (used from wreckers) one once I get brackets welded on.
People in cooler climates probably won't have an issue, but here on North QLD the TMIC gets nice and warm.
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Postby shav » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:25 pm

GONEWALKABOUT wrote:Dont forget that you will also be able to push harder for longer more than just out-right power.

That was what I was looking for initially. The extra power and torque was a bonus.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby peadya100 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:26 pm

tom_kauf wrote:The engine cover brackets stop the cover sitting directly on the TMIC and melting it. Mine melted quite a bit on the Mishimoto in the first week of use. I've had it removed since and will fit a new (used from wreckers) one once I get brackets welded on.
People in cooler climates probably won't have an issue, but here on North QLD the TMIC gets nice and warm.

That's a good point Tom. All TMIC will get hot enough to melt the plastic in traffic.
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Postby Shaheenis » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Tom mine hasn't melted but wouldn't think this is anything to do with the ambient heat as Brisbane gets hot. The cover is actually designed to touch the core to create an air flow shroud. Mine however has some foam which actually touches the cooler so perhaps this is preventing direct contact of plastic. I am very glad I did this mod, I have the piece of mind especially with the VF52 that the TMIC will not restrict airflow or leak and everything else is a bonus.
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby MisterX » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Looking at getting one of these next week....

Dumb question, Is this the one you guys purchased http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/produc ... -hose.html ? Mishimoto MY08-15 STI TMIC Black with Black Hose
$899.00 but in silver?

Thanks, Tim
MisterX

Car: 07 Liberty Tuned by STI

Postby Shaheenis » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:15 am

No, it looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mishimoto-Si ... Swp5JWXlQj

For some reason I can't find it on the PSR site either. Email Troy via the website or one of the group buy threads on this forum.

When I bought mine the description and part code from PSR where as below:

MMTMIC-WRX-08 Mishimoto TMIC suit WRX 08-14, Liberty BL5, Forester SH Silver
Shaheenis
Link to Member Profile
Shaheenis

Postby tom_kauf » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:27 am

ProSpeed don't sell them anymore. A local GTB owner tried to buy from them about a month ago and was told they're out of stock and won't be getting any more. I guess they're just selling remaining stock of other models now.
You might have to source one from the US coz PSR was one of the only distributors here as fas I know (but eg Garage88 or Tuspeed could probably order it for you).

But it's actually crazy how much Mishimoto have upped the price. It's US$900 on their website, so over AU$1250 before any shipping has been added :shock:
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Postby MisterX » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:57 am

Oh that annoying! :( Just bought a Phat GT dump pipe yesterday, I did ask them about intercoolers but they said they only make custom ones.
Thanks for the response guys I appreciate it.
MisterX

Car: 07 Liberty Tuned by STI

PreviousNext

Return to PRO-Speed Racing