H&R Springs

Postby suff » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 pm

No Offence but you have a case of saggy bum..

I had the same problem in my MY05 wagon..

Ended up changing the fronts & rear shocks to Billys & installing 25mm lowering springs in the front, retaining the stock springs in the rear..

Worked very well, I thought the difference in spring would cause problems, but it handled very nicely and didnt suffer the rear end skip/ bounce I expected..

just my 5c (not that you asked for it)
Daily : BMW E90 335i Sedan
Chasing 320RWHP ... FOUND (341RWHP) + Semi Slicks
Coming - APR FMIC, APR DP & Quaiffe Diff (finally)
suff

Car: E90 335i sedan

Postby Arith » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Or he could just get coilovers! :D I learned the hard way trying to adjust front and rear to death until they suited me, and in the end I still wasn't happy.

But yeah, I've had experiences with both Eibach and H&R. I've always found Eibach to be a bit more comfortable, but that's due to the front having a larger gap compared to the H&R.

The wagon looks good Matt!

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby 05gtwagonman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 am

Hey Arith, I'm just having some fun. I realise you have good intentions, the products you say 'DDDOOOOOOOOIIITTTTTTTT" to are always good. I just found it amusing, and I tried some of that rare comodity called humour.... :oops:

Swingin- thanks for the image, that gives me a good idea of how things would look. The kings I have came from Q on here. He had a guy research what springs could be used to get the ride height level- and they got it right... The look is perfectly balanced (i need to get a picture hosted and show you) but the ride is pretty firm. I have changed the shocks all round since I last posted my interest here, and it turned out that they were doing a less that perfect job... Wellllllll, the rears shat oil all over the garage... :(

Since then I have been semi happy with the ride, but the look is perfect...[/img]
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby Arith » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:29 pm

Haha. It's all cool. I'm open to teasing but 3 ridicules in a row within the same post was just bodering on mockery. I just had to speak up.

05gtwagonman, what shocks did you change to? If you find the ride a bit too firm perhaps you might look into the bushings? I had Pedders on my MY05 GT a long time ago, and the ride was great the first year. But then started to degrade month after month after that. Replaced the bushings as I was told being low and having 19's would wear the bushings out much quicker, and ride was much better.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

springs

Postby matty_et » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:05 pm

hey Arith thats not my wagon...i have a sedan 8)
matty_et

Postby 05gtwagonman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Dude- I called you the stig!!!!!! :D surely I get reclamation points in your books for that?!!! 8)
Ahhhh bushes? I'm assuming that they are original if they didn't come with the replacement shocks. I just replaced with KYB- closest to original equipment and just about the only ones available in Australa according to my mechanic, Fulcrum suspension and GSA wholesale suspension here in Brisvgas...
Bushes?
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Previous

Return to PRO-Speed Racing