The Great North Rally - Charity Run, 30th May

Re: The Great North Rally - Charity Run, 30th May

Postby RAN94A » Fri May 14, 2010 9:59 pm

parso_rex wrote:
RAN94A wrote:uhh ive just had a look on rexnet and it says on there that the cruise is on the 25th....

http://www.rexnet.com.au/forum/index.ph ... 88262&st=0

however! there is 45 pages of forum and i cant be F#$%$D going through that many posts so feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Ermm further investigation reveals that the thread is from 2008 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL my bad :P 30th it is
RAN94A

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0R

Postby parso_rex » Fri May 21, 2010 9:34 pm

An Update.........

GREAT NORTH RALLY UPDATE: CONFIRMING MORE GOOD NEWS

I have been to MRT today, and discussed THE GREAT NORTH RALLY" with Brett Middleton.

As a result and due to the fact that our Club is running this for Riding for the Disabled, and inviting other participants, he has opened up the "till" and given me $750 worth of prizes !!! WOW !! which will be raffled on the day.

I then called on Nick and Mary at NRG who had already spoken to Darryl. Again Nick was very impressed that our Club is running this for Charity and inviting other participants. As a result he also has opened up his heart and the "til" and given me a great heap of stuff to bring back which will also be raffled on the day.

I hope we, as members of this club support these business throughout the year in recognition of what they do.

Bruce Gibbs-Organiser-Great North Rally

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

G O O D N E W S: More good news about The Great North Rally!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have spoken personally yesterday to Ian Mason, manager of Central Coast Motor Group about our up and coming event on Sunday May 30th, which is being run as a charity event for Riding for the Disabled...[He] offered us a $250 voucher to be spent at their business This will be raffled on the day.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THERE IS ONLY 2 WEEKS TO GO TO "THE GREAT NORTH RALLY" WHICH IS BEING ORGANISED THIS YEAR IN AID OF A VERY WORTHY CAUSE.....TO RAISE FUNDS FOR RIDING FOR THE DISABLED. ENTRY IS ONLY $10 PER CAR.

I AM SURE ALL OF US IN THE IMPREZA WRX CLUB WILL BE KEEN TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS WORTHWHILE CAUSE, AND HAVE SOME FUN IN YOUR PRIDE AND JOY ON THE DAY. Note: This special event has been sanctioned by your committee

THIS EVENT IS BEING ORGANISED TO THE SAME STANDARDS AS YOU ALL EXPERIENCED 2 YEARS AGO WHEN I FIRST PUT ON THE GREAT NORTH RALLY TO WIDE ACCLAIM. SO START WASHING AND POLISHING YOUR CAR IN PREPARATION.

ALL INTERSECTIONS OF THE ROUTE WILL BE" DIRECTION SIGNED "AND MARKED WITH BLUE AND YELLOW BALLOONS!!!

A representative from Riding for the Disabled will be at Tuggerah McDonalds start point to give a brief welcome and thanks.

This cruise takes us on parts of The Great North Road, the first road that was built north from Sydney, and links onto the Putty road which was built by the Australian Army during the 2nd World War as an alternate route north. We go through Yarramalong, Bumble Hill, Mangrove Mountain, Bucketty, Laguna to Historic Wollombi where we will park on the grassed area at the rear of the Wollombi Hotel for lunch. THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND CHEAP. After lunch the route passes thru Paynes Crossing, Broke, Fordwich, Milbrodale to the Putty Rd south. All is on sealed roads, lots of hairpin bends, steep climbs and roads perfectly built for Subaru's.

A raffle will be held on the day with some juicy prizes donated by various businesses, so please queue up for your tickets.

PLEASE BE READY WITH YOUR $10 DONATION ENTRY TO DEPART THORNLEIGH MCDONALDS AT 9AM SHARP ON THE DAY

ON ARRIVAL AT TUGGERAH,PLEASE FILL YOUR FUEL TANKS AT EITHER CALTEX BEHIND WESTFIELD, OR BP JUST AROUND THE CORNER FROM McDONALDS.AS THERE ARE NO REFUEL OPPORTUNITIES ON THE CRUISE. THE CRUISE WILL NOT START AGAIN AT TUGGERAH UNTIL ALL CARS HAVE REFUELED AND ARE READY TO START ON THE 2ND LEG.

OTHERS WILL JOIN AT TUGGERAH, WHERE RAFFLE TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE, AND DISCOUNT BREAKFAST VOUCHERS FOR McDONALDS DISTRIBUTED.

THERE WILL BE ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE REAR OF TUGGERAH MCDONALDS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE FOR WOLLOMBI

WE WILL DEPART MCDONALDS TUGGERAH AT APPROX 10.30 -10,45 A.M.

THE ROADS ON THIS ROUTE WERE BUILT IN THE DAYS WHEN ENGINEERS WERE PAID A BONUS FOR EVERY BEND AND CURVE THEY PUT IN THE ROAD!!!!!! SO BE PREPARED TO ENJOY THE DRIVE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS EVENT, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE ORGANISER.

THIS EVENT IS GUARANTEED TO THRILL YOU.

BRUCE GIBBS

Regards,

Darryl Hodgson

Euro Remappers.www.recode.net.au
parso_rex

Car: Liberty GTspecB, 04STI, A3 1.8T

Postby RAN94A » Wed May 26, 2010 12:24 pm

so wots the go for wet weather?? is it still on and we all just drive weeeeelyyy weeeellyy slowly or postponed for sunnier day?
RAN94A

Postby smythie » Wed May 26, 2010 6:47 pm

If it's on, just drive to the conditions.

Any more than 3 or 4 cars will likely mean you are wandering along at a slow pace anyway unless you are one of the front 2. Other traffic on the road will mean you won't get a chance to play.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby RAN94A » Sun May 30, 2010 9:22 pm

good turn out guys..... lol pity it was noone from here.

ahh well your guys loss 'cause that left me open to win a prize in the raffle and score a free $250 service from central coast motors :mrgreen: :wink:

aside from that it was also an awesome day!! big turn out despite the "severe weather warning" :roll: (there was even a 22b) i'll post some photo's up later.
RAN94A

Postby RAN94A » Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

RAN94A

Postby smythie » Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 am

Had more important things to do. Like picking up an ebay purchase.

Actually forgot the cruise until I logged into the forum at lunchtime yesty
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby NoOzL47 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:20 am

I was going to, but my mate had a very bad incident happen on Sat, so i decided to chill with him instead

SPL Personal Best: 142.9dB - Youngy Jeezy ft USDA - White Girls
NoOzL47
-stickered-

Car: Screaming 3.0RB

Postby subarugt » Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

RAN94A wrote:http://www.nbntv.com.au/index.php/2010/05/30/horse-power-the-new-key-to-happiness/#

local news :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildragon/ ... 165241326/

pics

got link of the video from youtube?
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Postby RAN94A » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:33 pm

nope.. i dont think its on youtube?
RAN94A