EOI: Eastern Creek Advanced Driving Training Day

EOI: Eastern Creek Advanced Driving Training Day

Postby RAN94A » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Been itching to do a proper one of these for a while as i did the AAMI defensive one a while back. (Due to get my full licence in about a week and a half) :twisted: :twisted: so i am now eligible and thought it could be a good club day.

Details:
Who - Eastern Creek Driver Training
What - Advanced Driving Course Stage 2 (Dont worry about having to complete stage 1)
When - March/April (Dates TBA) 8:45am - 4:00pm
Where - Eastern Creek International Raceway
How Much - Price is $300 (Once we select a date I will give them an idea of numbers and that will determine the discount)

Link: http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/dr ... aining.htm

Who's interested?
RAN94A

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0R

Re: EOI: Eastern Creek Advanced Driving Training Day

Postby subarugt » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 pm

I am I been looking to do a proper track too never done it before but I have few question.

I am insured with NRMA. *touch wood. If anything happened in the track would NRMA still cover the car? also I need a racing helmet for track day right? do you know any shop in Sydney that sell them at good price?

Thanks.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Postby Hobber » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:24 am

I believe this isn't a track day, but a driver education day; they are supervised and designed to help you learn more about car handling and correct technique, and practice things in a safe environment - usually with an instructor on board.

see

http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/dr ... aining.htm

for example info...

I'd expect you are insured as it is supervised driver education - in fact they should give you a rebate for doing it! But ring your insurer and ask...

Incidentally I might be interested in this...
Hobber

Car: MY10 GT Premium

Postby RAN94A » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 pm

Yep its not a track day as such but more of an education day.

Basically you're in the classroom for a little bit.. then out on the skid pan and "skid track" and you're learning the limits of your car.. (ie how hard you can push it in the wet/dry before it will over/under steer.)
And assorted other exercises.

This day being the level two Advanced driving will not be focussed on stopping distances and other basic stuff you learn on your L's but the more useful accident prevention skills.

I can attest to how invaluable these days are: as a year and half ago i was driving on a two lane road.. there was a policeman who had pulled someone over in the left lane. the guy ahead of me must have been too busy being nosey and not watching where he was going because he slammed on the breaks and indicates to go into a side street (he's in a newer tiny car) so he stopped on the spot.
My car was quite abit older.. no abs and no way i was going to pull up in time. so i performed a "swerve and recover" i had learnt at the AAMI safe driver course. I had not meant to do it.. or even had the chance to think about it. It was all reflex and muscle memory from having learnt it previously.

RE INSURANCE:
Gavin

We carry public liability insurance but you will need to check with your own insurer in respect to your personal and vehicles cover. Some insurers cover driver training courses and some do not.

Regards
Jo

I wouldnt worry too much about insurance as the most you are going to do is wipeout some cones.
RAN94A

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0R

Postby teK-- » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Best to check your insurance PDS and what they define to be "driver education" courses. For example some require that any such education course require an instructor to be in the car the whole time, and also the course must not be with aim to improve performance, high speed or racing type of driving.

With Shannons for example you can't even be driving on a racetrack even if it's a driving course to improve driver safety.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby subarugt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

I am very interested I would check it. the cones will still damage your car right? I ordered a GT auto 2010. It will arrive end of this month or early march. I am not sure if I want to bring a brand new car to there. what do you guys think? should I drive my car abit more until I get used to it before I go to the course? I still don't know delivery day yet but the sales say he will try asap.
subarugt
formerly andygt

Car: Liberty GT

Return to NSW