[NSW] 2013 Track Day - Wakefield Park - Monday 9th September

Re: [NSW] 2013 Track Day - Wakefield Park - Monday 9th Septe

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:34 am

Boostaddict wrote:My wife has made some sense.... Hate it when she does this.... Does anyone know what the issues are with insurance when running on a day like this.?? I.E you have an accident - cause they do happen. Will your insurance for your car be void??

Yes, although there are some insurance companies that offer "track day insurance" but from what I've read in the terms and conditions on most of them it's pretty much like a fire and theft cover and wouldn't actually cover you in an accident on the track.

Keep in mind it's not go-kart style racing, the groups are organised so that everyone in your group should be running similar times to you, and cars are let out with a 5-6 second gap. Wakefield also has quite a bit of run off, the only wall you would be in danger of hitting is on the main straight and if you lose it in a straight line you don't deserve to be driving a Liberty :lol:
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby Deep Heat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am

Boostaddict wrote:My wife has made some sense.... Hate it when she does this.... Does anyone know what the issues are with insurance when running on a day like this.?? I.E you have an accident - cause they do happen. Will your insurance for your car be void??

If you crash you could always lie. Not that I promote that type of behavior. It's not like were racing against each other door to door style and you would have a good a idea what your cars limits are and if you stick to them you will be fine.
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Postby Jack_Keaka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 am

on the last track day i drove mine as hard as it was going to go, on a tight track where there were plenty of spots to crash. at no point did i ever feel i was going to crash. plus if your not confident then you naturally won't be pushing hard enough to have a bad crash.
Boostaddict wrote:Holy shit.... I want a gen 3 again!!!! :D
Jack_Keaka

Car: Nissan Skyline R33 + R36 Passat
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18091

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

Jack_Keaka wrote:

on the last track day i drove mine as hard as it was going to go, on a tight track where there were plenty of spots to crash. at no point did i ever feel i was going to crash. plus if your not confident then you naturally won't be pushing hard enough to have a bad crash.

Yeh and believe me Wakefield is much wider and open, you will feel way more comfortable! Unless someone is riding your ass of course :angel:
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Postby senator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:58 am

You can get insurance to cover you for the day…expect to pay $1500+, most policy will not cover you if the event is timed also have conditions regarding which private events they will cover.

Shannon did in the past hold tracks with insurance cover at no extra cost to members….. not sure if it’s still offered

Your best to take it nice and easy for your first track day……. You’ll learn a lot about your car. It’s not all about getting the quickest time, but getting the experience which gives the confidence to push harder which results in good times.

I’ve witnessed a few track day incidents where cars were rolled off the track and down the street and a tow track was called……… I also know of car that was removed from the wall at EC by a tow truck, the towie then noted the road running alongside the track as the place of where the car recovered from, it was later written off with the owner receiving the full payout.

PS….. you could always tell the wife you’ve been posted to Goulburn for work.

Rome

Maybe we should try and organise an instructor for day…… I know I could always do with a bit of extra help.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby Rome_BRZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 am

senator wrote:You can get insurance to cover you for the day…expect to pay $1500+, most policy will not cover you if the event is timed also have conditions regarding which private events they will cover.

Shannon did in the past hold tracks with insurance cover at no extra cost to members….. not sure if it’s still offered

Your best to take it nice and easy for your first track day……. You’ll learn a lot about your car. It’s not all about getting the quickest time, but getting the experience which gives the confidence to push harder which results in good times.

I’ve witnessed a few track day incidents where cars were rolled off the track and down the street and a tow track was called……… I also know of car that was removed from the wall at EC by a tow truck, the towie then noted the road running alongside the track as the place of where the car recovered from, it was later written off with the owner receiving the full payout.

PS….. you could always tell the wife you’ve been posted to Goulburn for work.

Rome

Maybe we should try and organise an instructor for day…… I know I could always do with a bit of extra help.

I'll see what I can organise Tony. Any suggestions?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Postby senator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Rome_STI wrote:I'll see what I can organise Tony. Any suggestions?

We had one at are past track day which was organised by Swingn.... Let me find out how it was arranged.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby RX_MY02 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 pm

senator wrote: Maybe we should try and organise an instructor for day…… I know I could always do with a bit of extra help.

I dont think one instructor will suffice for everyone and tony :D

lol
Daily Driver - Volvo S60 MY14 T6 R-Design, Red
Mods - Nil

Track Car - Subaru Liberty MY02 RX, Silver
Mods - Tein Suspension, GT Brakes, Whiteline Swaybars (F & R), Full Exhaust System
RX_MY02

Car: MY02 Silver RX

Postby Jack_Keaka » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:33 pm

i can be instructor. my instruction is... 'don't f**k up'
Jack_Keaka

Postby Deep Heat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 pm

RX_MY02 wrote:I dont think one instructor will suffice for everyone and tony :D

lol
[/quote]

You're a good driver. Teach me? :P
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Postby vedi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 am

Wakefield is an excellent track to learn on, lots of 'run off' before any walls come close.

I have been to 2 previous lib.asn track days there and no one has ever crashed - even with some impressive wipe outs (I am looking your direction Tony!).

I would be keen for an instructor, I am sure I have taught myself all sorts of bad habits. Cheers.
I live with fear everyday, but sometimes she lets me go driving.
vedi

Car: MY07 Liberty STi

Postby Boostaddict » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Im not a novice driver and am confident driver and dont think that i would be having accident .... But .... Shit happens!! Blow a tyre and boom...!!

I was just thinking that it 'might' be a viable option to have track insurance!!!

Im guessing youi insurance doesnt cover track days!!! Mmmhhh
Not a Subaru...... Something MUCH better

NOPE..... That's shit too. Bus anyone??
Boostaddict

Car: 07 LGT Tuned By Sti
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22537

Postby Jack_Keaka » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Boostaddict wrote:Im not a novice driver and am confident driver and dont think that i would be having accident .... But .... Shit happens!! Blow a tyre and boom...!!

I was just thinking that it 'might' be a viable option to have track insurance!!!

Im guessing youi insurance doesnt cover track days!!! Mmmhhh

It's more, JustCar, Shannon's ect that have those covers
Jack_Keaka

Postby RX_MY02 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Twinkle wrote:
RX_MY02 wrote:I dont think one instructor will suffice for everyone and tony :D

lol

You're a good driver. Teach me? :P[/quote]

Now my head wont fit in my helmet lol.

I can only go in passenger sessions if you want my blind luck approach to driving haha.

Rome/Tony i have a number of a guy who does driver training who could fulfill the need for a driving instructor. I dont have any cost yet but can find out if your interested?
Daily Driver - Volvo S60 MY14 T6 R-Design, Red
Mods - Nil

Track Car - Subaru Liberty MY02 RX, Silver
Mods - Tein Suspension, GT Brakes, Whiteline Swaybars (F & R), Full Exhaust System
RX_MY02

Car: MY02 Silver RX

Postby Rome_BRZ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:50 pm

RX_MY02 wrote:
Now my head wont fit in my helmet lol.

I can only go in passenger sessions if you want my blind luck approach to driving haha.

Rome/Tony i have a number of a guy who does driver training who could fulfill the need for a driving instructor. I dont have any cost yet but can find out if your interested?

That would be great Joel!
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

PreviousNext

Return to NSW