JCSS Gymkhana - 3/12/11 Eastern Creek Skidpan

JCSS Gymkhana - 3/12/11 Eastern Creek Skidpan

Postby swingn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:58 am

Hi All

My mate Gavin from JSCC is organising a great Gymkhana event. More details are as follows:

A "gymkhana" is a motorsport event that tests a drivers car and their skills in negotiating a small course set out on a flat sealed or unsealed surface. JSCC has chosen Eastern Creek's wet concrete skidpan for this purpose, as it is the premier autotest venue in NSW, probably Australia.

Each 'test' requires the driver to start and finish in a 'garage' and not hit any 'markers' on the way around the course or take a 'wrong direction', as both of these errors incurs a time penalty. Ultimately you want to find the fastest way around a test, in particular by using the handbrake or throttle to 'rotate' the car around a marker.
Each test takes 30-40 seconds to complete and your time for each run is recorded on the timing sheet that you will carry with you in your car. For an idea of the *possible* tests we might be running on the day, please check out the CAMS Motorkhana Handbook - don't worry, it is a training day so we wont make you do some of the really complicated ones!

I am also please to say that i can now issue L1 CAMS day licences for this event, what that means is anyone who does not hold an L2 can come to this event. the cost for a day licences is $25 payable to CAMS or the club direct. if you enjoy the day (which you should) and want to upgrade to an L2, CAMS will give you a $25 discount if you do it within 6 months of this event.

If you are keen to attend, please shoot me a PM & I will endeavour to answer all your questions... If I can't, I will put you in direct contact with the organiser :)

For those of you who do not know, JSCC is a CAMS affiliated car club & without a doubt, is the cheapest club to join in NSW if you are keen to get into more motorsport or simply just to get your CAMS License to obtain discounts on your insurance (This is the case if you are with Shannons). For more information about the club & to join up, please visit http://www.jscc.asn.au/

Cheers!
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Re: JCSS Gymkhana - 3/12/11 Eastern Creek Skidpan

Postby Gripped » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 pm

its on my birth day lol
im thinking about it doin it
but yeah might just come down and watch i guess :3
Gripped

Car: R32 4 Door Skyline
Profile URL: http://instagram.com/cosmocow

Postby swingn » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:02 am

^^^

Spots are going quick (There were 5 places free & 10 awaiting payment as of yesterday afternoon) so if you're keen to take part, I'd register on the JSCC website ASAP :)

:lol: It's my Birthday the following Monday :D
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby Ric » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 am

Gripped wrote:its on my birth day lol
im thinking about it doin it
but yeah might just come down and watch i guess :3

That's my birthday too! ;)
Ric